L&D Monthly Announcement: 2022-01-04
📆 January Monthly Announcement from the Learning and Development team
Happy New Year!
L&D is excited to kick off the new year, reflect on 2021, and get ready for FY23! Check out this issue and short recording to find out what's happening in January.
📹 Watch the announcement video
Use this link to watch this month's announcement video. The video is ~3 min long and highlights key opportunities and results from L&D for this month.
📢 Team-member Spotlight
laurenevans for sharing their version of the 3 task system during Wellbeing Week! If you're looking for a new way to prioritize and focus your work at GitLab, check out the linked handbook section!
🎒 Upcoming opportunities
Take time to learn this month with some of the following programs coming from the L&D team
- Complete this interest form to join the GitLab mentorship program. Applications will open at the end of January.
- Apply to be a mentor or mentee in the Women at GitLab mentorship program by 2022-01-12
- Sign up to take the Slack Training next month.
- Set some goals around wellbeing at work during January Skill of the Month: Wellbeing
- Are you a people leader interested in developing your skills with managing an all-remote team? If so, sign-up for the February Manager Challenge program. There are still spots left and this iteration will feature guest speakers and more social learning opportunities. Sign up in the issue.
✅ Last month's key results
Check out a few key results that the L&D team produced since our last monthly announcement
- Wellbeing week saw participation from 121 team members at live sessions and 152 views of async resources
- 34 people completed the first round of our Slack Training and 26 people enrolled for January training
- Started collaborative work on a new course for managing at GitLab
🤝 Questions and feedback are welcome!
Use the discussion threads on this issue to ask questions and provide feedback to the L&D team. We appreciate your thoughts and ideas to make Learning and Development for team members the best experience it can be.