Delivery Team Fast Boot
The Delivery team as it exists today, with two Backend Engineers and two SREs, was formed in late November of 2018. The team has been operating well, but as the complexity of the problems the team is working on is high, we believe the team would benefit greatly from a 5-day Fast Boot event. Additionally, as we prepare to start having SREs engage with the codebase, we want to take the opportunity of the onsite to discuss the approach in detail and come up with a set of strategies and a plan to achieve this.
- Strengthen relationship across the Backend Engineer - SRE disciplines
- Explore avenues to engage SREs with the codebase
- Reach sustained, peak performance earlier for the group
- Provide additional data on the experience to improve future Fast Boot events.
|Sun, Apr 14||Travel to Amsterdam|
|Mon, Apr 15||Automated staging deployments and weekly promotion to production|
|Tue, Apr 16||Automated staging deployments and weekly promotion to production|
|Wed, Apr 17||Daily promotion to production|
|Thu, Apr 18||Security development on GitLab.com|
|Fri, Apr 19||Security development on GitLab.com|
|Sat, Apr 20||Travel back home|
- Slack channel: #fast-boot-delivery
- Location options: Utrecht was chosen for convenience, as it is well connected. Also, two members of the team already reside there, and another member is traveling there on his own.
- Budget worksheet
Decide on and book meeting room
- 2019-03-20: The fast boot event will take place April 13 - 20, 2019
- 2019-03-21: We decided to skip on any excursions
- 2019-03-25: @glopezfernandez will attend two days
- Notes about execution - we should keep notes on how we execute our project work and exercises during the fast boot. These should be available for anyone who is interested to read along.
- Videos - as much as possible, we should publish videos on YouTube documenting our experience and the exercises we're conducting.
- Engagement survey: create, administer, and analyze an engagement survey from all participants to help measure whether we've met our goals.
- Blog Post: write up a blog post documenting and analyzing the results. This should link to all the other relevant deliverables and serve as a piece that ties everything together.