Workstream: GitLab Pages
Currently the GitLab application needs to share a file system with the pages application. This means that:
- It is difficult to migrated GitLab Pages to a cloud-native environment with a shared file-system
- If we are to leave GitLab Pages on Azure, we cannot have a shared file system
Proposal: switch file system notification for web-hooks, or use Redis, which we can access through an IPSEC VPN connection between the GCP and Azure.
- GitLab Pages serves static pages
- Currently GitLab Pages has no dependency on the rest of the GitLab application
- Geo does not handle the transfer of GitLab Pages
- The simplest solution may be to leave GitLab Pages on Azure until after the rest of the migration has been completed.