ENG Review: Automated template for events possibility
Briefly describe your request
This issue replaces the following items:
Those issues were big-picture phases rather than small-scale phases.
Describe why this update is being requested:
What problem(s) are you trying to solve? What are the goals?
- Enable custom events (Commit, Contribute, etc) to operate with fewer developer resources.
- Increase update velocity for events pages.
What is the due date AND WHY? Dates without reason are difficult to prioritize. If there is no due date, please be as specific as possible about a timeframe and need.
This needs to happen before the next round of Commit and Contribute events.
Please identify the directly responsible individual (DRI), stakeholders, and roles
Who is primarily looking at this page AND what will they they be doing with it/what do we want them to do? Write specifics AND check off below anything relevant
- Potential attendees
- Confirmed attendees
Promotion and Measurable Goals
What are the measurable key performance indicators (KPI)?
Ease of updating the event pages
Where do you expect traffic to come from?
- Create an epic to house the following items.
- Break down the following list into separate issues.
- Size and refine issues.
- Schedule a buildout plan.
Develop template layout and module automation triggers based on this list:
- A new event is created and preview announcement is ready but before a rough location or timeframe is known.
- Either a rough location or timeframe is announced.
- Both location and timeframe are solidified.
- Call for papers (CFP).
- Call for sponsors.
- Call for volunteers / ambassadors.
- Speakers are being identified (ongoing).
- Sponsors are being to be identified (ongoing).
- Update the speakers page.
- Generalized tracks/workshops are proposed.
- CFP closed.
- Partners and plans for travel & lodging are announced.
- FAQ are updated.
- Scholarships applications are open.
- Registrations have begun.
- Scholarship applications are closed.
- Event content is finalized & locked in place (excepting any unexpected changes).
- Event timings are announced & registerable (ie be here at 4PM, there at 7AM...).
- Registrations have ended.
- Event is in progress.
- Photo, social, and other resources are gathered (an ongoing process).
- Blog posts are created (an ongoing process).
- Event is over, thanks for coming.
- Genericize the landing page until the next event cycle is ready to begin.
- Recap page is created.
- Video is ready & pages are updated accordingly (not sure where this goes in the order of things).
Also in there somewhere:
- Design resources are requested (web team not responsible for these deliverables but they need to be ready for the website team to use).
- Social images.
- Event branding is ready for developer implementation.
- Copy is created to prepare the announcement/preview.
- Announcements on the Hello Bar or homepage.
- All sections have been filled out
- All media and relevant documents have been linked or added
- A due date and rationale for the due date has been added
- Your team labels have been added
- Any issues blocking this have been related as blocking