Virtual Captive Eight Summit: Seattle - July 15, 2020 - FY21 Q2
🗒 Event Details
- FMM/Event Owner: @rhancock
- MPM: @Mmmitchell
- FMC: @lilphil
- Tactic/Event Type: Sponsored Webcast
- Official Event Name: Captive Eight Virtual Summit: Seattle
- Date: June 17, 2020 at 5:30 - 8:30 pm PDT
- Location: Virtual
- Event Website: https://captiveeight.com/calendar-event/it-event-194/
- Landing page (if applicable): N/A
- SFDC Campaign:
- Attendee List:
- If we went last year, link to SF.com campaign:
- Campaign Tag: 20200715_CaptiveEightSeattle
- Budgeted costs (sponsorship + auxiliary cost.): $8400 (including production)
📎 [Planning Spreadsheet & Recap]
✅ MPM request checklist
What will this event contain/require? - if "MAYBE" please indicate estimated date of decision.
- Will the Marketo check-in app be utilized for this event? NO
- Follow up email via Marketo - YES
- Will the copy rely on content from the event? i.e. copy due 24 hours post-event (this will push out the send 2 business days). - NO
- Add event leads to nurture stream? - YES, TBD (please specify nurture stream) see nurture options here
- Landing page creation (requires promotion plan) - NO
- If yes for Landing page: Should this event be added to the public events list - NO
- Will the landing page contain a form for meeting/demo requests - NO
- Invitation and reminder emails (requires promotion plan) - NO
- Will this event require sales-nominated workflow? - NO
- Speaking session - NO
- Workshop - NO
- Dinner - NO
- Party/Happy Hour - NO
- Alliances/Partner Marketing involved - NO
📆 Copy Deadlines FMC
- Follow up email copy - due 7/16
🕵 Description of event
Event focuses on the following states: Washington
GitLab will join local executives for an elite, high-energy evening of peer-to-peer engagement, socializing, and relevant conversations about the latest technology. In this intimate gathering, you will meet with peers, learn from new business contacts, and discover exciting business trends and solutions
🎚 Sponsorship level & details
(Description & and create checklist with due dates for deliverables)
- Event evaluated and aligned to regional and company goals
- Spend added to 5 QTRs Field/Corp budget planning - Google Sheets
- Finance issue created in Issues · GitLab.com / Finance · GitLab
- Invoice received. Instructions on procure to pay.
- Invoice paid
🏗 Prepare (starts when fully approved)
Update label from ~"status:plan" to ~"status:wip" once approved
Update all details in MPM request checklist section above
All calls scheduled or covered in regular synch meetings with attendees
- Kick-off call with all DRI's scheduled 6 weeks pre-event
- Prep call scheduled 1 week pre-event
SFDC campaign created and linked to top of issue - if there is an RSVP list, then only include those who have registered.
Event added to Events page. How to add events to event page only if there will not be a landing page created. If a landing page is being created, then the MPMs will add this event to the events YML
Logo, company description and artwork sent to organizer Company description, Product messaging and GitLab positioning, GitLab Logos
Slack channel created and attendees invited
Save the Date sent for staff
Everyone registered to event
Tickets allocated and ordered
- Make sure you have manager approval to attend
- Book your travel at least 2 weeks in advance
- Once you commit to an event, please make sure to plan to attend
- Please read through our Event Handbook pages for best practices at events.
- SAL: @cmayer1 @jdrumtra
- SA: If you need an SA to attend, please follow their triage process.
- PMM: If you need PMM support, please follow their triage process.
- Speaker: If you need a customer speaker, please follow the Customer Reference Process.
📦 Swag and Event Assets
📱 Event promotion
- Social issue created [add issue to the epic]
- LinkedIn campaign setup
🏁 Post event for the event its-self
- Lead list received from organizer
- Picture from staff at booth added to follow up mail
- All pictures uploaded to Google Drive
- Lead cleaned up (24 hours after event close) and shared in the MktgOps issue
- List locked (all changes after lock to be made in SFDC) and leads uploaded to SFDC campaign
- After event follow up launched
- Event recap & Feedback Template filled out.
🏆 Outreach and Follow Up SDR
Note: This section is required to be filled out by the FMM & SDR leadership for all owned events (either virtual or inperson) at least 30-days prior to the event. If it is not an owned event, then this section is optional.
- SDR Manager to assign project lead: (FMM assign to SDR Manager here)
- SDR DRI: (SDR manager to assign SDR here)
Goals for SDR Team - FMM
SDR project lead, please review the full issue to get an understanding of the event. Please review the handbook for more information on this process.
Pre-event SDR goal:
- XX number of registrations
- Meetings at event
- Other (add here)
Post-event SDR goal:
- Follow up and SAOs
- Other (add here)
- Inclusion Job Titles (Seniority):
- Inclusion Job Titles (Function):
- Target number of attendees:
- SDR Manager: enable team to begin compiling a list of prospects to reach out to. Each SDR should grab at least 15 prospects from a min of 10 accounts with a goal of 50 accounts covered. Completion date: FMM to assign.
- SDR Project lead: clone the appropriate master sequence and add in event-specific information or create a more personalized sequence. Set up 30 minutes to review with SDR manager and FMM. Make edits as necessary and determine go live date. Master sequence settings have an exact date and time. Completion date: at least three weeks before event.
Send sequence URL to SDR manager to add to the Outreach collection
- Announce sequence availability in slack channel for teams involved (sync with your manager if unsure what channels). All reps partaking should now begin sequencing their prospect lists as the sequence won't start until the exact date and time chose when setting it up. Completion date: agreed upon go live date
FMC to pull in link from
Follow-up email MPM issue, so everyone is aligned on the follow-up message and the offer that is being made. Please delete this text and replace it with the link once the issue has been created.
Follow up: needed from SDR and Sales team:
(FMC to edit this if follow up is needed from the SDR team and if specific information needs to be relayed. If this isn’t needed, please remove this section) Completion date: created and reviewed with management and FMM one week prior to event.
Assignments and labels
Assign to MPM - Megan Mitchell (West), Jenny Tiemann (Central/Public Sector), Zac Badgley (East)
Assign to FMC - Katie Rogel (NE/SE & Public Sector), Lillie Phillips (West/Central)
Assign the Quarter and Region tags to the issue
Additional Labels- This template is to be utilized for various tactics so please pay close attention to the labels that are auto-assigned to your issue. If there are labels included that are not needed for your particular tactic, please remove. If there are labels not auto-assigned that need to be added for your particular tactic, please add.