Apex Virtual CIO National Summit - June 23, 2020 - FY21 Q2
🗒 Event Details
- FMM DRI: @rhancock
- FMM/Event Owner: @rhancock @rachel_hill @jsorensen @Greib
- MPM: @Mmmitchell
- FMC: @lilphil
- Type: Virtual Sponsorship
- Official Event Name: Apex Virtual CIO National Summit
- Date: June 23, 2020
- Location: Virtual
- Event Website: https://apexassembly.com/2020cio-virtual-summit-june23
- SFDC Campaign: https://gitlab.my.salesforce.com/7014M000001dgPg
- Attendee List: Apex_Assembly_6_23_CIO_National_Attendees_6_17.xlsx
- If we went last year, link to SF.com campaign:
- Campaign Tag: 20200623_ApexVirtualCIONational
- Budgeted costs (sponsorship + auxiliary cost.): $28,900 (including production costs); $7,225 per FMM
✅ MPM request checklist
What will this event contain/require? - if "MAYBE" please indicate estimated date of decision.
- Will the Marketo check-in app be utilized for this event? NO
- Follow up email via Marketo - YES
- Will the copy rely on content from the event? i.e. copy due 24 hours post-event (this will push out the send 2 business days). - NO
- Add event leads to nurture stream? - TBD (Waiting to secure speaker first to determine which nurture these needs to go in) (please specify nurture stream) see nurture options here
- Landing page creation (requires promotion plan) - NO
- If yes for Landing page: Should this event be added to the public events list - NO
- Will the landing page contain a form for meeting/demo requests - NO
- Invitation and reminder emails (requires promotion plan) - NO
- Will this event require sales-nominated workflow? - NO
- Speaking session - YES
- Workshop - NO
- Dinner - NO
- Party/Happy Hour - NO
- Alliances/Partner Marketing involved - NO
📆 Copy Deadlines FMC
- [ ]
🕵 Description of event
Apex Assembly Virtual Summit will allow you to engage with key accounts throughout a day of content, networking and relationship building. The Virtual Summit Model incorporates a variety of sessions for Thought Leadership, Customer Driven Content and Interactive discussion that includes industry leaders and peers.
This content driven executive engagement will allow you to enhance relationships with current accounts, build new partners and collaborate with focused content. Apex creates a turnkey virtual event, and organizes everything. Designed to be versatile, this format allows you to map your networking investments around your organization’s geographical or vertical sales initiatives. Leverage our robust Membership to strengthen existing relationships and establish new partnerships in an effortless, yet effective experience.
Hosted using video conferencing technology, the Virtual Summit gives executives and service providers the opportunity to engage with up to 40+ decision-makers without having to leave their office or home. Anyone can log in from anywhere. All you need is WiFi.
🎚 Sponsorship level & details
VIRTUAL THOUGHT LEADERSHIP $27,900 (before prod)
- 30 - minute standalone presentation
- Access to attendee surveys comprised of: name, title, budget, and spending priorities
- Attendee details: full list of attendee contact information post-summit
- Company logo and profile displayed on event website and event app
- Option to contribute two (2) company assets to be hosted on the event website
- Promotion via social media portals pre and during summit
- Guaranteed Attendance: 40+ executives
- Internal passes - 2 including speaker
- Between 6 - 8 vendors per virtual summit
- This event's audience would be national, but here is an example of CISO East (the format would be the same for this event) https://apexassembly.com/2020ciso-virtual-summit-may27
- Participated in Apex Virtual Roundtable on 4/21/20. They guaranteed us 6-8 attendees and we ended up with 21 attendees
Does this event have a speaking engagement?
Yes, 30-min presentation slot. Presenter Issue gitlab-com/marketing/strategic-marketing/product-marketing#2818 (closed)
Presenter: Cormac Foster
Title: "Resilience is the new normal"
The outline is:
- Resilience and "Digital Transformation" are interwoven
- Both require speed, agility, and visibility
- visibility into what's happening both internally and externally
- agility and the ability to stop some things, pivot to a new direction and get started
- speed to execute and in the new direction
- At GitLab we know something about speed and agility. As a 1200 person, an all-remote company, here's how we do it.
- Transparency and collaboration
- Automation and pipelines
- Infrastructure as code, containers, k8s
- Continuously Improve, learn
Event evaluated and aligned to regional and company goals
Spend added to 5 QTRs Field/Corp budget planning - Google Sheets
Finance issue created here
Invoice received. Instructions on procure to pay.
🏗 Prepare (starts when fully approved)
Update label from ~"status:plan" to ~"status:wip" once approved
Update all details in MPM request checklist section above
Request Strategic Marketing support for speaking, demos, customer speakers, and/or messaging
All calls scheduled or covered in regular synch meetings with attendees
Kick-off call with all DRI's scheduled 6 weeks pre-event
Prep call scheduled 1 week pre-event
SFDC campaign created and linked to top of issue - if there is an RSVP list, then only include those who have registered.
Event added to Events page. How to add events to event page only if there will not be a landing page created. If a landing page is being created, then the MPMs will add this event to the events YML
Logo, company description and artwork sent to organizer Company description, Product messaging and GitLab positioning, GitLab Logos
Slack channel created and attendees invited
Save the Date sent for staff
Everyone registered to event
Tickets allocated and ordered
- Make sure you have manager approval to attend
- Book your travel at least 2 weeks in advance
- Once you commit to an event, please make sure to plan to attend
- Please read through our Event Handbook pages for best practices at events.
SA: If you need an SA to attend, please follow their triage process.
📦 Swag and Event Assets
📫 Direct Mail
Does this event have a direct mail piece involved? Please fill in the below information or delete this section if not relevant.
- What items will be mailed?:
- Where will the items be sourced from?:
- How will the items be mailed? (Ex: Nadel, Printfection, other):
- Where will the items be mailed? (home addresses or businesses):
- Other details:
📱 Event promotion
Social issue created [add issue to the epic]
LinkedIn campaign setup
🏁 Post event for the event its-self
Lead list received from organizer
Picture from staff at booth added to follow up mail
All pictures uploaded to Google Drive
Lead cleaned up (24 hours after event close) and shared in the MktgOps issue
List locked (all changes after lock to be made in SFDC) and leads uploaded to SFDC campaign
After event follow up launched
Event recap & Feedback Template filled out.
🏆 Outreach and Follow Up ~"SDR"
Note: This section is required to be filled out by the FMM & SDR team if this event (either virtual or inperson) is an owned event. If it is not an owned event, then this section is optional.
- SDR Manager to assign project lead: (FMM assign to SDR Manager here)
- SDR DRI: (SDR manager to fill in)
Goals for SDR Team - FMM
SDR project lead, please review the full issue to get an understanding of the event. If you need help with job titles and pulling an event list reach out to the FMM DRI listed at the top of the issue. Please review the handbook to understand the typical SLAs for the below action items.
- Pre-event SDR goal:
Meetings at event
- Post-event SDR goal:
Follow up and SAOs
- Inclusion Job Titles (Seniority):
- Inclusion Job Titles (Function):
- Target number of attendees:
Pre Event ~"SDR"
Review the process in the handbook.
Create focus account list of contacts to personally invite. Please include a minimum of 10 accounts. Review the list of attendees and if applicable the SFDC report of last year's attendees linked at the top of this issue. Once your list is compiled, edit the description of this issue and link here.
Clone the appropriate master sequence and add in event-specific information or create a more personalized sequence. Please link the sequence that will be used here.
Send the new sequence to SDR enablement to add it to the Outreach collection.
Work with your manager and, if needed the FMM, to determine the best day to start the sequence. Enable any other SDR reps assisting with this.
Update event sheet with all meetings set. NOTE pull event sheet from the 📎Event Planning Spreadsheet & Recap above.
Post Event for ~"SDR"
FMC to pull in link from
Follow-up email MPM issue, so everyone is aligned on the follow-up message and the offer that is being made. Please delete this text and replace it with the link once the issue has been created.
Follow up: needed from SDR and Sales team:
Assignments and labels
Assign to MPM - Megan Mitchell (West), Jenny Tiemann (Central/Public Sector), Zac Badgley (East)
Assign to FMC - Katie Rogel (NE/SE & Public Sector), Lillie Phillips (West/Central)
Assign the Quarter and Region tags to the issue
Additional Labels- This template is to be utilized for various tactics so please pay close attention to the labels that are auto-assigned to your issue. If there are labels included that are not needed for your particular tactic, please remove. If there are labels not auto-assigned that need to be added for your particular tactic, please add.