DevOps Automation Virtual Workshop - NORAM - June 23 - FY21 Q2
🗒 Event Details
- FMM/Event Owner: @rachel_hill @rhancock @Greib @jsorensen @Hortel
- MPM: @zbadgley @jennyt
- FMC: @lilphil
- Type: Owned Event
- Official Event Name: DevOps Automation Virtual Workshop
- Date: June 23, 2020
- Location: Virtual
- Master Landing Page: https://about.gitlab.com/events/virtual-devops-workshops/
- SFDC Campaign: https://gitlab.my.salesforce.com/7014M000001denb?srPos=0&srKp=701
- SFDC Registration Report: https://gitlab.my.salesforce.com/00O4M000004aA4S
- Attendee List:
- Campaign tag: 20200623_VirtualAutomationDevOp
- Budgeted costs
- Registration cap:
09:00-09:20 Welcome & Introduction to Gitlab
09:30-10:00 Using GitLab as a PM tool & Lab
10:10-10:40 GitLab Basics for Developers & Lab
11:10-11:40 Digging deeper in to CI/CD & Lab
11:40-12:00 Q & A and Closing
- Will the Marketo check-in app be utilized for this event? NO
- Follow up email via Marketo - YES
- Will the copy rely on content from the event? i.e. copy due 24 hours post-event (this will push out the send 2 business days). - NO
- Add event leads to nurture stream? - YES
- Landing page creation (requires promotion plan) - YES
- If yes for Landing page: Should this event be added to the public events list - YES
- Will the landing page contain a form for meeting/demo requests - NO
- Invitation and reminder emails (requires promotion plan) - YES
- Will this event require sales-nominated workflow? - YES
- Speaking session - YES
- Workshop - YES
📆 Copy Deadlines FMC
- Sales nominated invite & invite 1 - due
- Invite 2 - due
- Reminder email - due
- Presentation deck - due
- Follow up email - due
🕵 Description of event
Revised copy below from Haydn and West ASM's
Join us live for a 3-hour virtual hands on workshop and uncover how the most effective Application Development teams leverage GitLab to automate their DevOps process and achieve material business outcomes.
You’re invited to participate in a simulated team environment where attendees will respond to various scenarios utilizing GitLab’s single application for the entire DevOps lifecycle. . We’ll cover all stages of the lifecycle from Project Management to Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD). We will also cover fundamentals of the GitLab workflow..
No previous experience with GitLab is required.
This workshop is designed for IT/Application Development/Infrastructure professionals: Actively evaluating GitLab (or similar technology) for their organization Driving innovation by knowing the full scope of the GitLab platformPlanning to deliver better software faster, increase operational efficiencies, and reduce security and compliance risks
Agenda: (PST) 9:00am Welcome & Introduction to GitLab 9:30am Using GitLab as a PM tool & lab 10:10am GitLab basics for developers & lab 11:10am Digging deeper into CI/CD & lab 11:40am Q&A and closing
To participate in the workshop, you will need a laptop with the latest version of Google Chrome and Zoom installed.
- Spend added to 5 QTRs Field/Corp budget planning - Google Sheets
🏗 Prepare (starts when fully approved)
- Update label from ~"status:plan" to ~"status:wip" once approved
- Update all details in MPM request checklist section above
All calls scheduled or covered in regular synch meetings with attendees
- Kick-off call with all DRI's scheduled 6 weeks pre-event
- Prep call scheduled 1 week pre-event
- SFDC campaign created and linked to top of issue - if there is an RSVP list, then only include those who have registered.
- Event added to Events page. How to add events to event page only if there will not be a landing page created. If a landing page is being created, then the MPMs will add this event to the events YML
- Slack channel created and attendees invited #q2_devops-automation-virtual-workshop
- Save the Date sent for staff
- Platform secured - Zoom
- Make sure you have manager approval to attend
- Book your travel at least 2 weeks in advance
- Once you commit to an event, please make sure to plan to attend
- Please read through our Event Handbook pages for best practices at events.
Please refer to Workshop Prep Issue for breakdown of who is responsible for what - #1415 (closed)
📦 Swag and Event Assets
We will run a raffle for those who attend the entire event utilizing a survey and a code word. At the beginning of the last session we will drop the link to the survey into the chat and remind them that in order to have their survey considered for the raffle, they need to have the code word to put in the appropriate box. Prizes are:
- a $150 Amazon Gift Card
- a Potensic T25 GPS FPV RC Drone with Camera, 1080P HD WiFi Live Video, Auto Return Home, Altitude Hold, Follow Me, 2 Batteries and Carrying Case
- a MacBook Air- 13.3" Display - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 128GB Flash Storage
📱 Event promotion
- Social issue created add issue to the epic
- LinkedIn campaign setup
🏁 Post event for the event its-self
- List locked (all changes after lock to be made in SFDC) and leads uploaded to SFDC campaign
- After event follow up launched
- Event recap & Feedback Template filled out.
🏆 Outreach and Follow Up SDR
- SDR Manager to assign project lead: @hschuler @jbushong (please tag East SDR Team as well) @mhamilton
- SDR DRI: @brandonbrooks
Goals for SDR Team (to be filled in by ~"FMM")
SDR project lead, please review the full issue to get an understanding of the event. If you need help with job titles and pulling an event list reach out to the FMM DRI listed at the top of the issue. Please review the handbook to understand the typical SLAs for the below action items.
Pre-event SDR goal: 125 Registrations
- Meetings at event
Post-event SDR goal:
- Follow up and SAOs
- Inclusion Job Titles: DevOps Engineer, Developer, Tester, App Managers, Automation Architect, Security Engineer, Project Manager, Enterprise Architect,Program Manager, Architecture Lead
- Target number of attendees: 300 registrants before we close reg
Review the process in the handbook.
Create focus account list of contacts to personally invite. Please include a minimum of 10 accounts. Review the list of attendees and if applicable the SFDC report of last year's attendees linked at the top of this issue. Once your list is compiled, edit the description of this issue and link here.
Send the new sequence to SDR enablement to add it to the Outreach collection.
Work with your manager and, if needed the FMM, to determine the best day to start the sequence. Enable any other SDR reps assisting with this.
Update event sheet with all meetings set. NOTE pull event sheet from the
📎Event Planning Spreadsheet & Recap above.
FMC to pull in link from
Follow-up email MPM issue, so everyone is aligned on the follow-up message and the offer that is being made. Please delete this text and replace it with the link once the issue has been created.
Follow up: needed from SDR and Sales team:
Pre Event Summary - Sales Nominated Process + Pre event sequence (including social media (LinkedIn)) // instructions on 'sales nominated' process here
Pre Event Sequence Due Date - June 5, 2020
Post Event Summary - 2 post event sequences (Attend + follow up requested)
Post Event Sequence Due Date - June 16, 2020
Assignments and labels
Assign to MPM - Megan Mitchell (West), Jenny Tiemann (Central/Public Sector), Zac Badgley (East)
Assign to FMC - Katie Rogel (East & Public Sector), Lillie Phillips (West)
Assign the Quarter and Region tags to the issue