Pilot: Unicorn Project - West - FY21 Q1-Q2
- FMM/Event Owner: @rachel_hill
- MPM: @Mmmitchell
- FMC: @lilphil
- Type: Direct Mail
- Official Event Name: Project Unicorn Campaign
- Date: April 23, 2020 (runs for 2 months --> April 23 - June 23)
- Event Website: N/A
- Landing page (if applicable): N/A
- SFDC Campaign: https://gitlab.my.salesforce.com/7014M000001dejA
- Attendee List:
- If we went last year, link to SF.com campaign: N/A
- Campaign tag: 20200413_ProjectUnicorn-DirectM
- Budgeted costs (sponsorship + auxiliary cost.): $4,000
MPM request checklist
What will this event contain/require? - if "MAYBE" please indicate estimated date of decision.
- Will the Marketo check-in app be utilized for this event? NO
- Follow up email via Marketo - YES
- Will the copy rely on content from the event? i.e. copy due 24 hours post-event (this will push out the send 2 business days). - NO
- Add event leads to nurture stream? - YES, CI/CD
- Landing page creation (requires promotion plan) - NO
- If yes for Landing page: Should this event be added to the public events list - NO
- Will the landing page contain a form for meeting/demo requests - NO
- Invitation and reminder emails (requires promotion plan) - YES
- Will this event require sales-nominated workflow? - NO
- Speaking session - NO
- Workshop - NO
- Dinner - NO
- Party/Happy Hour - NO
- Alliances/Partner Marketing involved - NO
- Will this event include use of Marketing Development Funds (MDFs)? NO
📆 Copy Deadlines FMC
- Invite 1 email - due April 9
- Invite 2 email - due April 16
- Follow up email - due April 22
Description of event
NOTE: This is not a live event. This campaign will consist of sending out books with custom GitLab bookmarks with QR code to custom case study and GitLab unicorn sticker. Follow up will consist of drop campaign that includes a discount code for CXO to buy book for their team.
2020.03.18 Update: Goal of the virtual campaign/direct mailer campaign is to identify targeted accounts for a particular SAL and send the Project Unicorn (well renowed book in the industry) to CXO's in those companies. We wanted to create custom GitLab bookmarks with a QR code that would route them to our GitLab Project Unicorn case study.Due to COVID19 and majority of people working remote, we are now looking at purchasing the books and having them hosted in the GitLab Swag Store for the targets to be able to purchase. I am also waiting to hear back if the fulfillment company for our swag store would be able to insert the custom bookmark in each of the book orders.
2020.03.19 Update: We are able to set up a giveaway kit in Printfection to allow the targets to go in and select where they'd like the items shipped. Issue - #1222 (closed)
Target Titles: Vice President, Senior Vice President, CTO, etc. (of Development, or of Product)
Operation Unicorn Issue - https://gitlab.com/gitlab-com/marketing/account-based-marketing/issues/45
We will set up 'giveaway kit' in Printfection to allow the targets to go into the branded site and select where they'd like it shipped.
Inside Printfection, we will issue each target a URL and code. Will map to master spreadsheet and then SAL/SDR will send out email to target with their personal information to access the kit.
Kit includes: book, custom bookmark and GitLab Unicorn sticker
Printfection Working Doc - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1of5UlNtcuT51mpx8GymHZZtJlm-Lah8cebPSmXwAINA/edit
Example of how the site will be set up - https://get.printfection.com/zhtrh/3686625037/sfrfkcfzrg - Code sfrfkcfzrg
- Event evaluated and aligned to regional and company goals
- Spend added to 5 QTRs Field/Corp budget planning - Google Sheets
- Finance issue created in Issues · GitLab.com / Finance · GitLab
- Invoice received. Instructions on procure to pay.
- Invoice paid
🏗 Prepare (starts when fully approved)
- Update label from ~"status:plan" to ~"status:wip" once approved
- Update all details in MPM request checklist section above
All calls scheduled or covered in regular synch meetings with attendees
- Kick-off call with all DRI's scheduled 6 weeks pre-event
- Prep call scheduled 1 week pre-event
- SFDC campaign created and linked to top of issue - if there is an RSVP list, then only include those who have registered.
- [N/A] Event added to Events page. How to add events to event page only if there will not be a landing page created. If a landing page is being created, then the MPMs will add this event to the events YML
- Logo, company description and artwork sent to organizer Company description, Product messaging and GitLab positioning, GitLab Logos
- [N/A] Press list requested and shared with GitLab PR (Highwire PR for NAM, speakeasy for EMEA)
- Slack channel created and attendees invited - #west-unicorn_project-2020
- Save the Date sent for staff
📱 Event promotion
- Social issue created [add issue to the epic]
- LinkedIn campaign setup
🏁 Post event for the event its-self
- Lead list received from organizer
- Picture from staff at booth added to follow up mail
- All pictures uploaded to Google Drive
- Lead cleaned up (24 hours after event close) and shared in the MktgOps issue
- List locked (all changes after lock to be made in SFDC) and leads uploaded to SFDC campaign
- After event follow up launched
- Event recap & Feedback Template filled out.
🏆 Outreach and Follow Up SDR
- SDR Manager to assign project lead: @hschuler @jbushong @mhamilton
- SDR DRI: @jaltheide
- Sequences Due Date: 4/22/20
Goals for SDR Team (to be filled in by ~"FMM")
SDR project lead, please review the full issue to get an understanding of the event. If you need help with job titles and pulling an event list reach out to the FMM DRI listed at the top of the issue. Please review the handbook to understand the typical SLAs for the below action items.
Pre-event SDR goal:
- Meetings at event
Post-event SDR goal:
- Follow up and SAOs
- Inclusion Job Titles: Vice President, Senior Vice President, CTO, etc. (of Development, or of Product), etc.
- Target number of attendees: 60
- Target Accounts: (listed in the planning spreadsheet at top of the issue)
- Review the process in the handbook.
- Create focus account list of contacts to personally invite. Please include a minimum of 10 accounts. Review the list of attendees and if applicable the SFDC report of last year's attendees linked at the top of this issue. Once your list is compiled, edit the description of this issue and link here.
- Clone the appropriate master sequence and add in event-specific information or create a more personalized sequence. Please link the sequence that will be used here.
- Send the new sequence to SDR enablement to add it to the Outreach collection.
- Work with your manager and, if needed the FMM, to determine the best day to start the sequence. Enable any other SDR reps assisting with this.
Update event sheet with all meetings set. NOTE pull event sheet from the
📎Event Planning Spreadsheet & Recap above.
Follow up email here
Follow up: needed from SDR and Sales team:
- We will be sending 1 pre-event invite and 1 post-event follow up from the GitLab alias. I'd like to request post sequences to assist with this campaign. I will lean on your team for best practices. Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Copy for automated emails: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OVmLc2a5O0DsL0lUhZgM_mKh_qvDGYSxhVsWloeIyqU/edit
- Outreach sequence 1 (James): TBD
- Outreach sequence 2 (Matthew): https://app1a.outreach.io/sequences/5536
Additional Information about SFDC Campaign Status:
- Once we have notification of code redemption, update the person's campaign status as
'queued', this will trigger the follow up email to send the next morning
- Then once we are notified that the items have been shipped, then we move the status to
'shipped'and to trigger the SDR's to follow up the next day
- DRI for managing / updating planning sheet status as well as the SFDC Campaign: @lilphil
Assignments and labels
Assign to MPM - Megan Mitchell (West), Jenny Tiemann (Central/Public Sector), Zac Badgley (East)
Assign to FMC - Katie Rogel (East & Public Sector), Lillie Phillips (West)
Assign the Quarter and Region tags to the issue