Michael Release evangelism: 13.3
- Matrix builds. Shorter way to automate multiple distributions, operating systems, target platforms for job generation. Long awaited, since Travis has them, and GH Actions also have them.
- Project Access Tokens. There is a huge demand from customers and community to not have to manage a dedicated user for API access and automation.
- Visualization of Directed Acyclic Graph pipelines. Very good feedback loop in visualization.
- JUnit Report Improvements
- SAST Security analyzers available for everyone. Self-hosted security scanners for everyone, improving CI/CD and shift left in the pipeline. Customers get more with MR widgets, etc.
- Coverage Guided Fuzz Testing. Huge new way next to DAST to add security into our CI/CD pipelines and improve the developer's feedback on vulnerabilities before they even reach production.
- GitLab Workflow for VS Code. This is huge for developers and their IDE. Makes their life easier.
- Package Registry for everyone. Missed 13.2 but now this is our open source stewardship. Everyone should be able to publish containers and packages, most recently PHP was added in 13.2.
- IT Incident Management. Ops people know, this is a tragedy with existing tools not tightly coupled to monitoring ecosystems.
- Merge Request Approvals show who participated in the review. Helps to see if approvers were involved in the discussion. Easier workflow, you do not have to read the entire conversation in the MR.
- Deploy freezes
Pod Health dashboard, agent PoC, container network firewall
This includes the Kubernetes Pod Health Dashboard.
11 items for both Twitter and LinkedIn. This time more centric around 22 til 31. They will touch base with Commit and my CI Monitoring webcast, that is intended.