Event DRI | Virtual KubeCon Europe | August 17-20, 2020
**For Event Planners complete once event contract signed- this is for our own internal tracking purposes**
🏗 Pre- Event Checklist (not every item below will be relevant to every show. Delete any items not necessary)
- Event added to Events Cal and Events page
- Artwork sent- this is for posting on the event page and on site signage
- Company description (use Value Prop Messaging. Ping PMM if you need something longer or specific)
- Create and share planning spreadsheet (included travel, booth duty, meetings...) from planning sheet template
- Slack channel created and attendees invited (Naming conventuon for channel- use event name, location, and year. link to Epic in channel description)
- Staffing selected and Tickets allocated
- Decide on if we will do swag and any other printed materials - swag issue: #3039
- Company directory from organizers - Google sheet
- Press list sent to PR team- create PR issue if needed
- Social media copy written and scheduled - social request issue: #3062
- Final prep meeting scheduled - portal walkthrough (end of week before the show begins. Include everyone attending, planning and person from PMM who will do demo training)
- Event post mortem scheduled (1-2 weeks post event)
- Post event feedback survey created- to be shared post event in meta issue.
- Event recap (week after) & Feedback collected. Recap Template
- Booth Design/ Virtual Booth Issue created- design needs at least 2 weeks notice to design (see handbook](Epic
- Positioning and Messaging confirmed
- Booth design selected: Quantum
- Demo theatre deliverables: #3090 (comment 380057908)
- Complete virtual booth set-up/portal
- Booth staff scheduled - booth schedule
- Booth slide deck created/ decided on
- Create schedule with ancillary activities: #3087
- Final scheduled announcements: #3086
- GitLab quiz ready: #3085
- Upload video collection to booth portal
- Upload document & links to booth portal
- Add marquee message: This step allows you to add a scrolling message to your sponsor space. The marquee message is typically used to add a welcome message, highlight a special product/deal/promotion, or make an important announcement. You can select the background color of the marquee, the color of the text, and the speed that the message scrolls. You may only input one marquee message, and the message cannot be changed during the event.
- Final mock up approved
- Daily booth recap in the issue.
- Booth Artwork issue created and artwork submitted - link to issue
- Confirm booth location. Floor plan here.
🛳 Passport Program
- Set up participation requirements for attendees
- Prize for passport program qualifying attendees
📱 Lead scanning
All attendees accessing a virtual booth are captured as leads and their contact information will be provided to the sponsor. Detailed lead reports provide further insights into the attendees’ behavior within the booth, e.g. which videos they watched or which items they downloaded.
A built-in survey tool is also available in each booth to collect additional information (optional).
Lead capture is restricted to virtual booths with the exception of demo theater sessions by diamond, platinum and gold sponsors. Attendee information will not be shared for any keynote or breakout sessions.
You may access and export your leads in real-time during the event and up to (3) months after the event. The following attendee information will be included in the leads report:
- First name
- Last name
- Job title
- Company name
- Email address
- Physical address incl. country, city, state, zip code/postal code
- Company Size
- Job Function
For privacy reasons, phone numbers will NOT be included in the leads reports.
🎤 Speaking sessions:
Wednesday, August 19 • 14:30 - 15:05: Why We Are Choosing Cloud Native Buildpacks at GitLab - Abubakar Siddiq, GitLab
- July 6: Review Event Rules and Regulations: Please read through all pages of the sponsor portal to familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations for this event.
- July 6: Select Booth Design Option: View the available booth design options and select which one you would like to use for your virtual booth from the drop down.
- July 17: Exhibit Hall Passport Program Requirements
- July 24: Exhibitor Directory: The directory will include the sponsor logo, a link to the booth, and a brief company description (max. 250 characters). Rather than providing a broad, generic company description, we encourage you to focus on the information you’d like KubeCon + CloudNativeCon attendees to take away. Use this description to inform attendees who may not be familiar with your company about your products and services that are relevant to them.
- July 27: Demo Theater: Submit all deliverables for your 15-minute technical demonstration to be featured in the demo theater to [email protected]. See demo theater page for submission guidelines.
- July 31: Submit Virtual Swag (Optional): Submit (1) promotional item for attendees to download from the virtual swag page within the event platform. See swag page for submission guidelines. Upload PDF files here (under 20 MB). If providing a URL for your swag, email [email protected].
- July 31: Sponsor Slack Channel: Please confirm if you would like to have a dedicated Slack channel set up for your company as an additional opportunity to connect with attendees during the event. Review the booth chat page for more information.
- August 5: Complete Virtual Booth Set-up: Using the Booth Builder Guide, complete your virtual booth set-up including all content and booth staff by this date. Booths will be locked for testing after this date.
- August 5: Register Booth Staff: Booth staff must be registered for the conference AND added to the Intrado Booth Builder by this date. See registration page and booth staff page for details.
- August 6: News Announcements (Optional): Submit your news and public announcements through this form to be included in our news package for media and analysts attending the conference. See Sponsor Marketing & PR Kit for details. Diamond and platinum sponsors will receive preferred placement.
- Virtual platform demo video
- Booth builder training
- Booth staff guide
- Booth training video
- Lead reporting video