Social Request: GitLab for Education Student Spotlights
Request for organic (non-paid) social promotion
Requester: Please acknowledge the following before filling out your request
- I understand that all social requests need a minimum of 1 full week between the request and the first published post date and that I cannot put in a request for the same week.
- I understand that if my request is not tied to a corporate marketing-focused timed event or campaign, that the publishing schedule is entirely at the discretion of the social team.
📬 STEP 1: For Requester
- What is your request all about?
The GitLab for Education Program is launching a Student Spotlights Initiative. The general idea is to invite students, faculty or staff to share the exciting work they are doing on GitLab with our free license. The community member applies through a form, we review, and then set up an interview to showcase their work! The video will be unfiltered, eventually in the GitLab TV community / education-band as well as featured on the GitLab for Education landing page (soon to be redone!).
- Pertinent or other go live date(s):
Go live is as soon as the blog post is merged. We set a close date of Aug 31 to factor in some OOO's and that it is summer. We will very likely keep the initiative ongoing/open but we wanted a close date to start so people had some sort of deadline.
- Is there a landing page? If not, please note you'll need to provide this link in order for us to move forward.
- blog postis the landing page for now.
- I'm revamping the Edu page in July so we'll have an actual page soon.
- What is the overall utm_campaign? - webcast123, i.e. utm_campaign=webcast123
[add utm_campaign here]
- I'm not sure what my utm_campaign code is or there isn't one
- What objectives do you want users to follow? (Think clicks, sign ups, awareness, etc.)
- Clicks to a GitLab owned URL
- Clicks to a 3rd party URL
- A numerical goal of [add goal here]
- Sign-ups/submissions to the initiative
- Are there existing assets to use on social or will you require custom designs?
- Existing Assets to use are located here: [requester, insert link to related issue or repo for assets]
- I require custom assets for social
- I'm not sure what I require (the social team will review with you in the comments below)
- Are you considering or will be adding paid social advertising for this campaign?
- Yes, I'm requesting paid social advertising [add link to paid social issue]
- No, I am not requesting paid social advertising
- I'm not sure (the social team will help you determine the right path)
- Anything else we should know or could be helpful to know?
We'd like to build up some momentum as we get closer to the second anniversary + 2 million users sometime this fall.
- Please link all related issues and epics
📝 STEP 2: Social Team: To-Do's
- Asset Review: if asset links were provided, please review to be appropriate for social. If existing assets are not appropriate or if the requester asked for custom assets, please use Canva to accomplish. If this is tied to a larger campaign, please open a design issue, tag requester, and link as a related issue here.
- Forwarding request to be paid social advertising only (direct requester to the paid social issue and close this one)
✍️ STEP 3: All: Drafts, suggestions, and schedule
Please work on these items in the comments below.
STEP 4 (optional, based on campaign, communication, etc.): Requester: Please approve the suggested posts in the comments below
- I have approved the suggested copy for all posts discussed in the comments *
🗓 STEP 5: Social Team: Scheduled posts
- All posts that can be added to Sprout are scheduled
- Comment on this issue with any need-to-know details