Social: Commit Partner/Sponsor Enablement for Registration
Partners are provided with social images formatted for Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn, Instagram Wall (or other 1:1), and Instagram Stories (or other 9:16) along with a few unique social copy suggestions and outlines.
Details of Prep Doc
Thanks so much for being a partner at #GitLabCommit Virtual 2020! We’re excited to help support your promotional efforts online with some Commit assets and suggestions. Note, that we don’t elaborate on any social-specific items that come with your package in this document, but we’ll follow up with you as we get closer to #GitLabCommit with more information.
Images - We’ve made a few images with your logo to use on social media. Each is formatted for a different channel.
- BrandName_TW_FB_LI is the best image to use for Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- BrandName_IG_Wall is the best for posting to your Instagram wall. Note, that this image will work okay for Facebook and LinkedIn if you choose to use it there, too!
- BrandName_IG_Stories is the best to choose for vertical content channels, like Instagram Stories, Snapchat, and TikTok. There is blank space on the image to add your own captions, gifs, and emojis.
Elements - When posting on your social media channels, here are a few ideas to think about:
- Use our event hashtag as #GitLabCommit
- Feel free to tag our company with @gitlab across channels - we’ll be sure to like and maybe even retweet/share your post with our followers
- Our leading call-to-action is: attend for free. You’re welcome to use this as your CTA as well.
- If you share your partner card, that can be your image. If you want to share just the link to the #GitLabCommit registration page, you don’t need to include an image as the link has a sharing image built-in (your partner card is probably the best image to use, though!)
Unique Link - If you would like to share the attend for free registration with your followers, please use this link so that we can measure interest from speaker audiences: [INSERT CUSTOM URL] Post Templates - Customize to your voice!
Ideas for social media posts
- Make your first social media post an announcement that you’ll be our partner. Use your partner card image
- When you’re working on your booth, speaker content, or other elements of attending, take a screenshot and post it as an update to your followers (if you tag #GitLabCommit in your post we can share it, too!)
- Get a behind-the-scenes shot during your rehearsals or prep for your booth
- Have a book, blog, speaking engagement, or other content coming out after Aug 26? Think of how to tie it into a post after #GitLabCommit so that you can gain more awareness for your content from Commit audiences.
A few parting notes
Please do not share details of your content before the event - we want folks to register and see you there!