TE: How to organize, put and promote our work best practices
Everyone has their best practices during work hours. This ranges from notebook setups, quirky configuration hints to well known workflows making our life easier.
A mix of configuration and idempotent setup scripts to bootstrap our Macbook installation.
- Michael: https://gitlab.com/dnsmichi/dotfiles
- Brendan: I love formation: https://slay.sh/ / https://gitlab.com/brendan/formation
- Brendan: I also symlink my dotfiles so they are in a repo: https://gitlab.com/brendan/dotfiles
- Consider adding them to the handbook: https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/tools-and-tips/
- ZSH on macOS Catalina: gitlab-com/www-gitlab-com!43547 (merged)
- Lock your Screen with Alfred: gitlab-com/www-gitlab-com!43564 (merged)
- Michael: Why I am using Alfred Powerpacks, e.g. to lock my screen with Cmd+Space, L, enter.
- Analytics on our GitLab.com repos, number of stars, forks, etc.
- Blog post content reach, social media reach
- Feedback / linkage from team members and the wider community