Consider removing signature step from OSS application process
As we improve the application and processing experience for the GitLab for Open Source program, one of the things flagged by our community is the signature step of the process. We should consider removing it.
Challenges with current signature step in process
- Forces an individual to take responsibility for a community
- Creates several steps for the processing team and added complexity.
Work in progress proposal
These are the ideal steps in the process:
- Candidates apply through web form. We should remove the MR step. See associated issue.
- Processing team qualifies membership and makes a decision.
- Members accept terms via checkboxes. Have program members accept the program Terms and Conditions and End Use License Agreement (EULA) using a check box, much like the new self-managed customers do.
- License automatically issued.
- Renewal happens once a year following the same process.