Explore a pathway to becoming a Hero by participating in GitLab User Research (First Look Program)
While talking to some of the UX team, I heard that it can be difficult to get people to sign up to participate in our GitLab First Look program. This program is about gathering user research for our various product-related studies.
This issue is meant to help us explore the possibility of creating a pathway to becoming a GitLab Hero by participating in the First Look program.
- Get more people to sign up for the First Look program, especially people from underrepresented groups in open source / tech
- Foster a more diverse group of GitLab Heroes by creating pathways to become a Hero that aren't just code-contributor oriented
- Talk to the UX team to see if it's possible to track contributions through the First Look program
- Add a new category of contributions, or add this to an existing category (perhaps "Engagement"): https://about.gitlab.com/community/contribute/
- Add the Hero pathways, update necessary handbook and marketing webpages