Heroes Program Structure (WIP)
March 2021 Steering committee meeting review agenda there was a quick conversation that developed by a hot topic on adding additional structure to the Heroes program.
Here are some of the ideas that came up:
- creating and or clarify heroes guidelines
- a certification process for folks to take once they are approved
IN PROGRESS Heroes status ranking based on contributions - or an incentivized based on achievements
- There must be clear and friendly language regarding off-boarding and removing from the GitLab Hero program
- @johncoghlan brought up a great question: what behaviors do we want to incentivize?
- Align our criteria with those behaviors
**Identifying criteria **
- Red: 0 contributions, get an email that with no further contributions in the next 6 months we will be ending your participation in the program on Nov 5, 2021
- Yellow: 1-2 contributions, maintaining status in the program
- Green: 2 or more contributions, review these folks and move them up
Proposed announcement: Give folks notice to members (be fair) June 2021, implement January 2022, review quarterly or semi-annually thereafter. Acknowledge that this year has been challenging.
- Application period and vetting/ approval process
Note: none of the listed ideas are set in stone - I would like to receive any feedback or thoughts on the above
Goal: The ultimate goal of honing in on the GitLab Heroes structure is to continue retaining great partners as Heroes, creating exclusivity, and continuing to grow the program.