GitLab Heroes Summit: Call for panelists
Request for Heroes
Please use this template when sharing contribution opportunities with our GitLab Heroes. Opportunities may include asking GitLab Heroes to attend events, submit CFPs, deliver tech talks, write blog posts, record videos, etc.
GitLab Heroes: please indicate your interest in these opportunities in the comments. Once a GitLab Hero is selected, please open an issue using the heroes-content template for planning and tracking purposes.
- Name of requestor: Roland Heusser @skofgar
- Request Type:
- CFP Submission
- Conference / Meetup Talk
- Blog post
- Description: We're planning to host a small panel discussion for all heroes at the GitLab Heroes Summit in January 2021. Goal: Provide a platform to have a larger group discussion around GitLab. It will start out with 4-5 people and transition into an open forum.
Group Discussion Total ~40 min
Part 1: Initial Panelist Discussion
20 min 4-5 people
With the following questions I'm trying to cover a broad set of areas to potentially raise follow-up from the audience about how they could do something similar or about what they could ask a question.
- how each of them became involved with GitLab and the heroes program
- what were some of the challenges that GitLab help solving?
- Is GitLab your main tool or do you use it in combination with a lot of other tools? Can you share about your experience?
- How has the development process changed in the past year?
Part 2: Open Forum
This is where the open discussion starts. The audience may ask questions and the panelists or potentially even other audience members may get involved and answer the questions.
- audience can “raise hand” and ask questions
- wider discussion with audience
Closing: Any advice they’d like to share with other heroes
Additional (backup) questions:
- who at your company uses GitLab (is it just the developers or does it go across designers, management, etc)
- what are your favorite, least favorite things about GitLab (maybe something we don’t even think of?)
If you are interested to be part of the panel, would like to submit additional questions we should discuss or feedback, please leave a comment below. You may reach me directly via Twitter.
To host your own panel or lightening talk, review the CFP form in the event details below.
Event Details (for event-related requests)
- Name of event: GitLab Heroes Summit 2021
- Event website: n/a
- Location: Online
- Event Date: January 21st, 2021
- CFP Deadline: December 10, 2020
- CFP website: https://bit.ly/gitlabherocfp