November 2020 Heroes Update
With Thanksgiving approaching in the US, I just wanted to share how thankful I am for all of you. The enthusiasm, interest, empathy, and insights you all share with the GitLab community is amazing. This community is stronger every day because of you. Thank you so much.
We have some exciting updates on the Heroes Summit to share:
- Save the date: we expect to host our first GitLab Heroes Summit on January 21, 2021. Details to follow.
- You can contribute: we opened a CFP for the lightning talks portion of the day (thanks to @adugamayuba for taking the lead on this!). These 5-10 minute talks are your chance to show the Heroes community a little bit about yourself and what you are working on. We plan to include everyone who submits so please don't be shy!
- Call for speakers: if you'd like to do a longer format presentation (20+ min), please let me know.
Following a successful first coffee chat lead by @adrianmoisey (despite some technical difficulties due to a Zoom outage), we've added three more Heroes coffee chats to the calendar:
Please RSVP using the links above.
GitLab CI Community Day
We're planning a GitLab CI Community Day on December 1. A few asks for you:
- We would love for you all to attend. Details on the event and links to register can be found in the announcement blog post.
- Share the blog post with your networks and encourage people to attend.
- If you are interested in speaking/presenting/moderating one of the sessions, please let me know.
- If you are a meetup organizer, we would love for you to share the event with your community either by sending them an invite and the blog post or creating an event for your meetup group. You can copy the details from whichever meetup event best aligns with your groups time zone.
- Big thanks to our steering committee, particularly @adrianmoisey, @nuwe1, and @VladimirAus, for great feedback today on some ideas I've been mulling for the program.
- Thanks to @skofgar, @mattdark, and @adugamayuba for their input and support during today's Heroes Summit planning meeting.
- Thanks to everyone who has been adding their recent contributions to the Heroes Contributions page. This helps to showcase the Heroes contributions to GitLab and makes it easier to amplify Heroes content to the GitLab community through our social media and email newsletters.