FOSDEM 2021 and GitLab
Goal: Have GitLab registered for a booth for FOSDEM 2021
- Figure out the details for registering => https://stands.fosdem.org/submission/
- Submit the application
- Finalize the booth design
- Raise awareness among the community
- Identify booth staff
- Finalize staff booth schedule (x2 each slot)
- Share GitLab contribution talking point with booth staff
Staffing the booth
The goal of the booth is to provide a point of contact for participants to reach out to GitLab members. Traditionally, participants are curious about contribution opportunities, life at GitLab, or have technical product-related questions. Do you want to be part of the booth staff team? Feel free to leave a comment below, stating your availability and/or preference for a slot.
Show up during our assigned slot on the relevant Matrix GitLab channel and Jitsi Room. Materials and information about GitLab will already be presented and part of the booth.
Accepted GitLab sessions
- CI on Gitlab. Bringing Gitlab, Tekton and Prow together (with some magic)
- How to get started with GitLab CI and Python
- Communication Hacks - Strategies for fostering collaboration and dealing with conflict in open source communities
- Database Performance at Gitlab.com
There can be no February without FOSDEM, and there can not be a FOSDEM without stands. We are currently inviting proposals for a stand at the virtual event taking place the 6th and 7th of February 2021.
Stands allow projects to showcase their work to interested visitors, answer their questions, and in normal years, hand out swag to support their project.
For obvious reasons, unfortunately we will be unable to run a physical conference in Brussels this year, but we would still like to give communities a place to meet online.
We offer you:
1. A position on a special stands website (active during the event) for you to introduce your project. We will organise the stands per theme. 2. Hosting for a webpage and several short videos where you can introduce and demonstrate your project and show people the latest features, discuss your roadmap etc. 3. A chatroom facility to allow visitors to interact with you. (Details will be confirmed closer to the event.)
Proposals should be submitted through the form at stands.fosdem.org/submission which contains further information.
Questions or remarks? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline is the 25th of December.
The FOSDEM Stands Team