GitLab Swag Ideas and Process Improvements
How to Share and Record Swag Ideas and Process Improvements for GitLab Swag Store:
The main use of this issue is to hold a place for GitLab team members and wider community members to post ideas for swag requests.
If you have a swag request or idea, please add a comment to this issue. If you have a specific swag item you'd like to see, please add a direct link or add an image to the issue.
Process Improvement Notes from November/December 2019
- Decrease the number of individual swag orders that advocates place each day
- Increase ability/access to swag store for GitLabbers who need to place orders for customers
- Create system to document new swag item requests
To Do Items
- Understand who is placing Swag kit orders and who is monitoring these orders in Printfection
- Review sales handbook to their learn their current process with swag
- Consider follow up if all customer merch requests should be directed to swag store?
- Discuss new swag item requests with Paul
- Review Swag Issue Board
- Meet with Libby/Emily to discuss printfection swag processes
- Create a design request with Corporate Marketing team for new swag items
- Meet with Nicole from Printfection to discuss possible items
- Clear out inventory from current swag shop to make space for new items
- Create plan for hackathon winner item inventory for Q1 community events
- Think on improvements to sales order link to set parameters around what orders are placed
- Create a separate swag store for customer orders
- Provide discount code for departments to apply for their shopify orders, in swag store or separate store
- Emily Kyle let me know that Libby would be the point person to approve sales swag kits.