Update contributors.gitlab.com redirect target
|Change Objective||Update the HTTP redirect target for contributors.gitlab.com, per infrastructure#7863 (closed)|
|Change Team Members||@msmiley|
|Buddy check or tested in staging||A colleague will review the change or The change was tested on staging environment|
|Schedule of the change||2019-10-14 23:00 UTC|
|Duration of the change||5 minutes|
Apply the change
- Fastly is currently implementing this redirect rule as a Fastly service named
- The active configuration version for this service is version 1. Its redirect target is
- The draft configuration version 2 changes the redirect target to
Headerssection of the config.
- The diff between config version 1 (active) and 2 (draft) shows only the above changes: https://manage.fastly.com/configure/services/0CrJhtn1IdUDfhIqLrPJCh/diff/1,2
Update the redirect target.
On the Fastly management web UI, browse to the
contributors.gitlab.com redirectservice's Configuration screen, and click
Version 2(the current draft version whose diff was reviewed in the pre-conditions list. Direct link: https://manage.fastly.com/configure/services/0CrJhtn1IdUDfhIqLrPJCh/versions/2/domains
- Browse to http://contributors.gitlab.com/ and confirm it still redirects to biterg.io.
- Browse to https://contributors.gitlab.com/ and confirm it still redirects to biterg.io.
Revert the Fastly configuration for the
contributors.gitlab.com domain to the previous version. Alternately, revert the redirect target to its original value.