[production] Upgrade to PostgreSQL 12
Upgrade production GitLab.com database to PostgreSQL v12 (epic).
The implementation of this change is anticipated to include a service downtime of up to 60 minutes. During this time customers will experience complete service disruption.
- Services Impacted -
- Change Technician - @Finotto
- Change Criticality - C1
- Change Type -
- Change Reviewer - DRI for the review of this change
- Planned Start Time - Saturday, May 8th, 09:00 am UTC
- Allowable/Communicate Downtime - Saturday, May 8th, 09:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
- Planned End Time - Saturday, May 8th, 10:00 am UTC
- Time tracking - 120 minutes (including pre-maintenance on the day of the change)
- Downtime Component - 60 minutes
||@lyle, @brentnewton, @jarv|
||Ongres (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com), @nikolay|
||DBBE: @abrandl , @iroussos; BE: @theoretick, @DylanGriffith, @grzesiek, @ayufan|
Detailed steps for the change
As GitLab.com will be unavailable, detailed change instructions are available at:
Summary of infrastructure changes
- Does this change introduce new compute instances? No
- Does this change re-size any existing compute instances? No
- Does this change introduce any additional usage of tooling like Elastic Search, CDNs, Cloudflare, etc? No
- This issue has a criticality label (e.g. C1, C2, C3, C4) and a change-type label (e.g. , ) based on the Change Management Criticalities.
- This issue has the change technician as the assignee.
- Pre-Change, Change, Post-Change, and Rollback steps and have been filled out and reviewed.
- Necessary approvals have been completed based on the Change Management Workflow.
- Change has been tested in staging and results noted in a comment on this issue.
- A dry-run has been conducted and results noted in a comment on this issue.
SRE on-call has been informed prior to change being rolled out. (In #production channel, mention
@sre-oncalland this issue and await their acknowledgement.)
- There are currently no active incidents.