2023-05-12: Container registry pulls failing with unknown blob
Customers may saw blob not found errors when attempting to retrieve images from the GitLab Container Registry.
Registry service has been reverted to a previous version which have fixed the errors in production.
📚 References and helpful links
Recent Events (available internally only):
- Feature Flag Log - Chatops to toggle Feature Flags Documentation
- Infrastructure Configurations
- GCP Events (e.g. host failure)
- Deployments Log | Gitlab.com Latest Updates
- Reach out to Release Managers for S1/S2 incidents to discuss Rollbacks, Hot Patching or speeding up deployments. | Rollback Runbook | Hot Patch Runbook
Use the following links to create related issues to this incident if additional work needs to be completed after it is resolved:
- Corrective action ❙ Infradev
- Incident Review ❙ Infra investigation followup
- Confidential Support contact ❙ QA investigation
Note: In some cases we need to redact information from public view. We only do this in a limited number of documented cases. This might include the summary, timeline or any other bits of information, laid out in out handbook page. Any of this confidential data will be in a linked issue, only visible internally. By default, all information we can share, will be public, in accordance to our transparency value.