Frontend Monitoring Setup
As planned we want to get FE Monitoring up and running as soon as possible to track all our Performance Improvement efforts and have a way better insight. I have researched now, sketched out what we would need and I would now need help setting this up on GL owned machine + especially with Docker setup.
Run a frontend performance monitoring system on sitespeed.gitlab.net
What I would like to achieve on that instance or multiple instances :
- Constant FE Monitoring through sitespeed.io (gitlab-org/gitlab-ce#34225)
- Automatic reporting to our Grafana instance on monitor.gitlab.com with the same data at least as here https://www.sitespeed.io/documentation/sitespeed.io/performance-dashboard/
- Creation of accessible HTML reports in an archive on demand + automatic once a day (as they contain assets, infos , etc)
- Write plugin to report directly to promotheus in correct format and look at how to integrate automatic sitespeed.io monitoring to gitlab
- Run Lighthouse (gitlab-org/gitlab-ce#33392) once a day and archive the created HTML report
- Experimental : Run Lighthouse once a day and integrate the output also in Grafana
I have tried out sitespeed.io on my personal DO machine (ping me for URL) and i would investigate more the different options, URLs that would need to be run.