Communicate steps for a Security Release from the Release Manager perspective
There are a lot of questions about the Security Release process from both sides: Engineer and Release Manager perspective. Documentation is still a bit confuse and we have some issues to improve it (gitlab-org/release/docs#37, gitlab-org/release/docs#36).
For the engineering side, a video was created and added to the developer documentation gitlab-org/release/docs!232 (merged).
We should do the same for the Release Manager side: record a video explaining all the different steps done by the Release Managers in a security release process. This could help the different stakeholders understanding what Security Release process conveys.
Preparation for the Release Manager video
- List the necessary steps they should be included in a video
- Use a regular security release, upcoming one
Items that should be included on the video
- Difference between a regular and critical security release
- Explanation of the release tracking issue - https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/219305
- Creation of a security task
/chatops run release prepare --security
dry-runto show which issues are ready and which ones are not (explain why they're not ready)
/chatops run release status --security
/chatops run release tag --security- https://ops.gitlab.net/gitlab-org/release/tools/-/jobs/1293180