PROJ: re-architect portal integration with SFDC/MKTO
- Duplicate lead/contact records in Marketo/SFDC ecosystem https://gitlab.com/gitlab-com/business-ops/bizops-bsa/portal-analysis/issues/23
- Data flow is not consistent
- Data values are not standardized
- Unknown integrations
Should users who sign up on GitLab.com (in addition to being saved in the GitLab.com user table):
- be sent to Marketo every time?
**and we will need to know whether they have opted in and coordinate this implementation closely with @amy.waller **
- be sent to Marketo only if they select to opt-in to marketing emails?
- never be sent to Marketo?
- leave as is (only those who are manually added by a GitLab.com admin (ie IT) or authenticate via smartcard or LDAP are added to Marketo?
- be sent to Marketo only if they can be emailed?
- be sent to Marketo only if they can be emailed and have opted in?
- other? (please describe)
- gitlab-org/gitlab!20082 (merged)