Book Club - Software Engineering at Google
Looking for other engineers and engineering managers to join me as we read Software Engineering at Google which was recently released.
- Date: 20th May UTC, then every 2 weeks
- Time: 9:30 pm UTC every Wednesday UTC (7:30am Thu Sydney, 5:30pm Wed Eastern, 2:30pm Wed Pacific, 10:30pm Wed London)
- Facilitators: @bmarnane (and would love volunteers to help facilitate)
If you want to participate in this book club:
- Buy the book
- You can buy it at Amazon, or subscribe to O'Reilly.
- This can be expensed.
- React to this issue with
📘once you have a copy.
We'll meet bi-weekly and discuss a particular section of the book. At each book club meeting, we'll:
- Arrive having pre-read the section for that week.
- Discuss any interesting captions or concepts that caught your attention.
- Discuss any practices from the book that we can try at GitLab.
|20th May||1. What Is Software Engineering?
2. How to Work Well on Teams
3. Knowledge Sharing
4. Engineering for Equity
|3rd June||5. How to Lead a Team
6. Leading at Scale
7. Measuring Engineering Productivity
8. Style Guides and Rules
|17th June||9. Code Review
11. Testing Overview
12. Unit Testing
|1st July||13. Test Doubles
14. Larger Testing
16. Version Control and Branch Management
|15th July||17. Code Search
18. Build Systems and Build Philosophy
19. Critique: Google’s Code Review Tool
20. Static Analysis
|29th July||21. Dependency Management
22. Large-Scale Changes
23. Continuous Integration
24. Continuous Delivery
25. Compute as a Service