Build the IDE against QT5 gives error due to missing qt5 subdirectory
- Lazarus/FPC Version: 2.2.0 (and older)
- Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed (and other Linux distributions)
- CPU / Bitness: Intel i5-9400T / x86_64 (and other CPUs)
When rebuilding the IDE against the QT5 widget set, an error occurs because the
/usr/lib64/lazarus/units/x86_64-linux/qt5 directory does not exist and your default user account does not have persmissions to create that
What did you expect
That the IDE rebuild completes without errors.
Steps to reproduce
Perform the following steps after installing Lazarus:
- From the program menu, select Tools → Configure "Build Lazarus"...
- Set the LCL widget type to qt5 and click the Build button
- Towards the end of the build, you'll see an error in the Messages window:
How to fix
This patch for
Makefile.fpc fixes the problem: