Editor Options Colors: "reset all" button misbehaving in a strange way
- Lazarus/FPC Version: Lazarus 2.3.0 (rev main-2_3-368-ge8affb6d) FPC 3.3.1 x86_64-linux-qt5
- Lazarus/FPC Version: Lazarus 2.2.0RC2 (rev t-fixes-2_2-200-ge96c416a) FPC 3.3.1 x86_64-linux-qt5
- Operating System: Linux (Kubuntu 20.04)
- CPU / Bitness: x86_64
Editor color dialog misbehaving: "reset all" button not working anymore, instead triggering strange behavior (see below). This must be a regression. Unfortunately I cannot tell when exactly it stopped working because I have not used this dialog for a long time and I have not used the "reset all" button for even much longer.
This bug also affects fixes-2.2
What did you expect
"reset all"-Button should reset all colors in the selected scheme to their default values from their scheme xml.
Steps to reproduce
- open Tools | Options | Editor | Display | Colors
- select some color scheme (use one you usually don't use to not mess up anything)
- change one or more colors
- Click the "reset all" Button
- note that instead of the colors just resetting to their scheme default all the colors in the TreeView are jumping around between two seemingly random arrangements while the configured colors are NOT reset to their default.
- note also that once the dialog is in that state (clicking the reset-all button a few times) it has lost the ability to select a syntax element by clicking some text in the example synedit.
- at one point yesterday I even managed to provoke a segfault (in Lazarus main branch) while clicking around in the color dialog, but this has happened only once and I cannot reproduce it.