House Automator Comrade App (Ungoogled Home Assistant Companion App)
- The app complies with the inclusion criteria
- The app is not already listed in the repo or issue tracker.
The original app author has been notified (and supports the inclusion
Link to the source code:
Link to app in another app store:
no ungoogled version available, original app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.homeassistant.companion.android
Apache License 2.0 (https://github.com/home-assistant/android/blob/master/LICENSE.md)
Fork of the Home Assistant Companion for Android to remove and/or replace Google Play Services
Taken from https://github.com/jleeuwes/home-assistant-android-without-google/blob/master/README.md (2020.05.20)
Home Assistant Companion App for Android, but without Google services
Home Assistant and the companion app are awesome, but they require proprietary services that are not available on custom Android OSes like LineageOS. So, a version without those services is necessary.
The developers of the official app have no interest in maintaining such a version themselves, and have suggested forking the project instead.
This is such a fork.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I'm not sure how up-to-date I can keep this fork.
- DONE Remove proprietary services from the code, making sure the missing things are handled correctly.
- DONE Change the branding to prevent https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant-android/issues/42#issuecomment-584212855 -> House Automator Comrade App
- Publish to F-Droid
- (optional) Replace the missing functionality by FOSS alternatives, like those mentioned in https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant-android/issues/42#issuecomment-581090179
masterbranch of this fork is not based on the original repository and only contains meta stuff like this README, and later maybe stuff not related to a specific version of the app like scripts and icons.
The actual app code is produced by creating a branch from an upstream version tag and applying the necessary changes. The following branches exist: