Looking for new maintainers of Repomaker
This issue is for anyone interested in taking over maintenance of Repomaker. To get a first look at what's Repomaker, take a look at its page on F-Droid's site.
To give some more details about the technical details: Repomaker is a Django web app (Python) built to simplify the creation of F-Droid repositories. In the background, it mainly uses fdroidserver. It's deployed on PyPi, Flathub and on an Ubuntu PPA.
There are several, very important issues to be tackled in the next few weeks. Sadly, due to F-Droid's lack of volunteers, the future of Repomaker is currently uncertain. Here's a list with existing issues and merge requests that mainly consists of keeping all dependencies up-to-date and deploying new releases to Repomaker's distribution paths:
- #186 Bump Django to 2.1
- !215 (closed) Bump fdroidserver to 1.1.1 and don't require aapt anymore
- github/flathub/org.fdroid.Repomaker#5 update to at least openjdk11
- github/flathub/org.fdroid.Repomaker#4 update KDE runtime to 5.12
- #206 Processing tasks fails with django-background-tasks 1.2.0
- #223 (closed) Release 1.0.0
If you're interested in doing one of these tasks, feel free to start! On any questions you encounter, simply ask in the corresponding issues. Thanks for your interest!
Feel free to boost this post by Izzy.