Let F-Droid checkupdates bot go through MR process
The incident 2b21530a shows that the checkupdates bot decreased the versionCode. While it should be addressed in code directly, we should prevent similar issues that should have been discovered in the Merge Request checks
The checkupdates bot should propose an update by opening an MR, which should be marked as "Merge if pipeline succeed". Then the MR will be blocked if the pipeline fails.
What problems could be caused and solutions
- MR flood
- not worse than the present commit flood possibility
- bot MRs could be tagged such that reviewers could filter them
- apps with NDK will fail in pipeline checks
- those should be approved by human
- the NDK issue should and could be addressed in the image
Although @IzzySoft said in the chat room that this problem has been discussed, I can't find related issues. So I think it worth another discussion.