f-droid.org buildserver needs androguard
- Device OS and version: CopperheadOS, Android 8.1.0
- Device model/manufacturer: Pixel XL (Not Pixel XL 2)
- F-Droid version (in the About screen): 1.0.1 (Supplied/updated by CopperheadOS)
- F-Droid privileged extension version (if installed): 0.2.7 (according to Android settings. Supplied/updated by CopperheadOS, not F-Droid)
What did you do? (clear steps if possible)
- Attempt to install andOTP
- Attempt to upgrade StreetComplete from 2.3 to 3.2 (currently the latest version).
What did you expect to see?
No problem installing either.
What did you see instead?
- andOTP installs with no problem.
- StreetComplete 3.2 fails to install. There's a popup with "F-Droid" (w/ logo) in header: "For your security, your phone is not allowed to install unknown apps from this source."
I guess that CopperheadOS doesn't have the "allow from unknown sources" set, but does allow installations from F-Droid specifically.
In case this is a malicious app or something, and thus some sort of way of exploiting your system, I'm marking this confidential.