Decide what to do with the wiki
We currently have three wiki-like sites: on the hand the MediaWiki instance at f-droid.org/wiki, on the other hand the newly deployed documentation section at f-droid.org/docs and on the third hand the wiki category in the forum at forum.f-droid.org/c/wiki.
I think the consensus is that we needly an easily editable wiki beside the docs on f-droid.org. Keeping both the wiki category in the forum and the MediaWiki instance on f-droid.org alive is inefficient, now really working and causes confusion, as seen here, here, here, here and here.
From what I can see, we have two options:
Repair the MediaWiki instance and close down the wiki category in the forum
- No work for changing log output/app details
- More work because maintaining both Discourse and MediaWiki
- Need to invest additional work into MediaWiki for repairing
Close the MediaWiki instance and only use the wiki category in the forum
- Less work for maintaining
- Need to change log output/ app wiki details