Some mobile ads not being blocked (no filter issue)
Originating from Trac#6363
Below the general bug information I'll explain some additional findings.
- Nokia 5 with Android 7.1.2, January 2018 security patch
- Samsung Internet 6.2.01.12
- Adblock Plus for Samsung Internet 1.1.2
- Filter lists: 'Dutch' (my guess is this is 'EasyList Dutch+Easylist'?), disable tracking (I guess this must be EasyPrivacy?), something that loosely translates from Dutch to 'disable social media buttons' and lastly Malware domains. Acceptable ads have been unchecked.
How to reproduce
- Open Samsung Internet.
- Visit hotmail.com/outlook.com and login with Microsoft Account.
Advertisements are shown (like, in my case, some kind of clickbait advertisement on hotmail.com).
The advertisements should be blocked.
Installing firefox 58.0.1 followed by enabling uBlock Origin in there appeared to save the problem. After switching a lot of different filters on and off, I found "Adguard Mobile filter" (should be https://filters.adtidy.org/extension/chromium/filters/11.txt) to be responsible. I confirmed this by installing adguard for Samsung Internet and turning it on in the browser, to observe the described ads disappearing. I filed an issue at EasyList, thinking the filter list was simply not up-to-date, but I got the response I should ask you guys (https://forums.lanik.us/viewtopic.php?p=132008#p132008) Then I filed an issue at another wrong place again (https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=55007).
One more remark, probably not important, but anyway: orginally, two days ago, I also got ads on youtube.com, which also disappeared after using the mobile ads filter of Adguard. However I was not able to reproduce this issue a moment ago. So maybe that issue has been fixed in the meantime already.
I hope you can help me, many thanks in advance!