SBrowser Beta: Blocked items count >0 when all filters disabled & AA enabled
Originating from Trac#5247
- Google Pixel, Android 7.1.1
- Samsung Internet 5.4.00-70 Beta
- ABP/SBrowser: adblockplussbrowser-release-signed-2.apk (current 1.1.0 candidate)
- In ABP settings, disable all blocking filter subscriptions. Enable Acceptable Ads whitelist filters.
- In Samsung Internet, navigate to http://gutefrage.net .
- Open the Samsung Internet pulldown menu (to the right of the URL bar). Notice the blocked items count (next to "View without content blocker").
- Observed: blocked item count is 1 or higher.
- Expected: blocked item count should be 0.
The attached logfile is from three reloads of the page, with no filter subscriptions except for the AA whitelist. The count of blocked items shown for the first, second, and third pageload was 1, 2, and 1, respectively.
With AA enabled and no blocking filters, I couldn't see any evidence of ads being blocked on this page, despite the blocked item count being nonzero. The same goes for other sites I tested (msn.com, slashdot.org).