Firefox Performance very poor for Percippet
The Percippet snippet in Firefox is slower than on Chromium.
Several area that produce overall speed up:
- Property accessors gets used excessively in loops
- Pulled out of loops repeated computations
- Matrix loops to avoid access the outer index in the inner loop.
Unnecessary duplication of
.slice(...)for an argument that came from an already sliced array
Use of ternary instead of global
Numberbased cast for
What to change
See the list above.
Hints for testers
- make sure the snippet still work as expected
- verify that the performance difference between Chromium and Firefox is narrower.