Inconsistent error handling in release-2019-1
While attempting to rebase release-2019-1 onto master after the recent inclusion of release-2018-5.2, it turns out that we've been approaching our intended filter validation error handling in two different ways which we now need to merge. So in order to make this merge more transparent and to reduce the risk of regressions, we should make the major changes already in advance and only rebase what's left over afterwards.
What to change
Merge filter validation error handling we've established in release-2018-5.2 with the one in release-2019-1.
Hints for testers
- Generic error message (filter_action_failed:
Something went wrong. Please try again.) should be shown if translation files don't include a message for the filter validation error that occurred (e.g. #462).
Desktop settings page:
- Adding invalid whitelisted domain should trigger
alert()native modal dialog to show error message. (Note: May not be reproducible by user interacting with the UI)
- Adding invalid custom filter should show error message in custom filter table footer.
- Pasting multiple invalid custom filters should show error message for each one in separate line in custom filter table footer.
- Replacing existing custom filter with invalid one should show error message in alert icon tooltip for respective row in custom filter table (incl. when pasting a filter).
- Adding filter list headers should be ignored.
- Adding a duplicate filter should be prevented.
Mobile settings page:
Filter composer dialog:
- Adding invalid filters should trigger
alert()native modal dialog to show error message.