Release 2018-5: Unable to add filter lists via abp:subscribe if the options page is closed
release-2018-5, adding a filter list via abp:subscribe only works if the options page is opened at the same time as the filter lists is added.
- Chrome, Firefox, Opera
- Make sure ABP options page is not opened!
- Navigate to: https://adblockplus.org/subscriptions
- Try subscribing to any of the listed filter lists
-> observe that the options page opens, but the 'Are you sure you want to add this filter list?' dialogue does not get triggered and the filter list does not get added
- With options page opened, try subscribing to any of the filter lists on the https://adblockplus.org/subscriptions again
-> observe that the 'Are you sure you want to add this filter list?' dialogue opens and you can successfully add the subscription
'Are you sure you want to add this filter list?' dialogue should always open when adding a filter list via abp:subscribe, regardless of whether the options page is already opened or not.
Hints for testers
This change touches three parts of the UI as listed below. General testing whether communication from/to the background page still works, should be sufficient.
- Desktop settings page
- Custom filter list in Advanced tab in desktop settings page
- Issue reporter (i.e. issue report data should not be missing any parts)