Allow for more time when loading web-based first-run page
Background / User story
In #833 (closed) we started opening the web-based first-run page with a timeout of three seconds before falling back to the local variant of that page. We then relaxed when the extension considers the page to be loaded in #873 (closed). However, further changes are necessary to reliably open the web-based first-run page. Therefore we should give the web-based first-run page more time to finish loading.
What to change
- Design: N/A
- Research: N/A
- Spec: N/A
- Legal: https://jira.eyeo.com/browse/ABPUI-53
- Start timeout right before opening the tab for the web-based first-run page.
- Increase timeout to 30 seconds.
Hints for testers
- Extension should fall back to local first-run page, if it takes longer than 30s for the web-based first-run page to load.
i.e. >30s from opening the tab to the "DOMContentLoaded" event being dispatched
- Extension should keep the web-based first-run page open, if it takes longer than 30s for it to complete loading.
i.e. <30s from opening the tab to the "DOMContenLoaded" event being dispatched and >30s from opening the tab to the "load" event being dispatched
Hints for translators