ABP UI Nightlies
To allow non developers to more easily preview new features and to get early feedback about them we want to create our own ABP UI Nightlies.
What to do
Create a GitLab CI script (
.gitlab-ci.yml) that builds the extension for all release branches (release-YYYY-N).
- Build the extension using the abpui specific clones adblockpluschrome and adblockpluscore
- To build the current (release-YYYY-N) abp ui version auto-magically tweak the dependencies file
- Further if there is a matching adblockpluschrome branch (release-YYYY-N) use that branch to built the extension
- Finally make the xpi file downloadable via a gitlab pages page Update: Nightlies can be found here https://wspee.gitlab.io/adblockplusui-nightlies/
An experimental branch (gitlab-ci-v2) that builds the extension already exists.
Also the WebExt team is also working on an experimental version here
- hub#13068 to create abpui specific subgroup, see discussion https://gitlab.com/eyeo/adblockplus/adblockplusui/issues/119#note_85785312 and following
- Old experimental branch was: gitlab-ci