Idea: remove all config management and just run k8s
Remove shell, SSH, config management and just run k8s.
Pick all which apply.
- Cloud Native
After watching this 2 great sessions with @ekeih i realized again, that i dont want the manage SSH Keys, the OS updates (even if @ekeih automated it) and all the other things. At the end, i just want to run k8s as fast as possible and only speak to an API (like EKS or GKE).
So here comes Talos, a modern minimal OS tightly integrated with Kubernetes. All system management is done via an API, and there is no shell or interactive console.
- Minimal -> consists of only a handful of binaries and shared libraries
- Hardened -> API is secured with Mutual TLS
- Immutable -> no shell or SSH
- Ephemeral -> Talos runs in memory from a SquashFS, and persists nothing
- Current -> committed to stay current with the latest stable versions of Kubernetes and Linux
Downsite: it is not Version 1.0.0 yet ( Terraform is also far far away from being 1.0.0 ).
✍ Relevant URLs
Can you prepare slides, live demo, a short story or a blog post? Pick all that apply.
- Live demo
- Blog post
- Others: Please specify