#everyonecancontribute Kaeffchen | #16 - 2020-09-02
Time: 16:00 CEST
Interesting articles, best practices, etc. for everyone to read and learn async:
- How Hubble uses eBPF
- Jaeger’s multitenancy with Elasticsearch
- Observability Engineering: Achieving Production Excellence - early release chapters
- The Future of Kubernetes Attacks
- Writing Kubernetes Operators - yes/no?
- DockerHub Rate-limiting: Authentication ideas
- Observing Kubernetes without losing your mind
- How should a Prometheus exporter signal that something has gone wrong with a scrape?
- Using Bazel to speed up GitLab CI builds
The main theme for this week is: Things learned from KubeCon and GitLab Commit
- CI Pipeline Efficiency Docs: gitlab-org/gitlab!40510 (merged)
- New squash and merge options
how do you handle such stuff on your site?
Squash or not to squash? Lose the commit history for later debugging, or keep them intact.
Generate changelog from Git Commits / MRs
Semantic releases: https://github.com/semantic-release/semantic-release
Release automation: https://about.gitlab.com/blog/2020/05/07/how-gitlab-automates-releases/
end-to-end tests for REST APIs, e.g. simulate Puppet agents
Scaling und feedback - give back to the community.
- Kernel options to scale Prometheus: https://twitter.com/TwitchiH/status/1300373916951744512
Apple and ARM platform
Azure & Terraform deployment problem: https://twitter.com/nmeisenzahl/status/1300768480963293185
- Terraform 0.13.2: released now: https://github.com/hashicorp/terraform/releases/tag/v0.13.2