I go by the name "Em" or "Emily" and my home is 20 minutes away from the bustling city of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I'm very fond of travelling - currently, I am in Seoul, South Korea. I love subway maps and I take pride in using public transportation as much as possible. Lately, I'm into learning the Korean language and watching TV shows.
- English is not my first language. Sometimes I have trouble finding the equivalent English word, so please bear with me, and seek clarifications if needed. In Malaysia, we follow the British English, so the spelling of some words may differ.
- I agree with Negative feedback is 1-1, my DM is always open to any corrections, please do not feel shy to provide feedback - good or bad. I'm always eager to learn and improve myself.
- I prefer to have a meeting agenda/outline prior to the call so I know roughly what to expect. Not knowing what to expect may sometimes give me stress.
- I love asking "Why?" because I prefer to understand the goal and expectations before taking on a task, it's a huge motivation for me if I am aware of the impact.
- I work well with clear instructions and due dates, as it helps me to prioritise my tasks.
- I have an eye for detail, I'm not exactly a perfectionist, but I like to double-check before sending. It bugs me when there is a spelling error/grammatical mistake. Please let me know if there are any, I really appreciate it.
- We both want the best, I’m a huge believer in win-win situations, and I’m willing to compromise.
- If something is wrong, you are comfortable to let me know. If no one says anything, I will assume you are okay with it.
- I typically start my work day early in the morning around 7AM KST (10PM UTC), where I catch up with emails and Slack messages and respond to urgent tickets. Then, I continue for deep work from 4PM to 9PM KST (7AM - 1PM UTC)
- I am open for pairings at any free slot in my Calendar.
- I practise Focus Fridays where I typically spend the morning replying to my assigned tickets and work on non-ticket work like learning and writing my Weekly Logs in the evening.
- I use GitLab To-Do regularly, feel free to ping me on merge requests (MR) or issues.
- I check my Slack and e-mail throughout my working day. Please note that I have desktop notifications turned off when I’m in a meeting. I have phone notifications turn on for the days I am on-call.
- Slack Channels I visit very often:
- I consider myself as a creative person, I am not afraid to think out of the box.
- I am friendly and am always happy to lend a pair of listening ears. Please drop me a message if you need someone to talk to or there is anything I can assist with.
- Sometimes, I can be overly optimistic, thus unrealistic. I tend to look for the bright side of things, but I know that it is also good to be prepared for the worst. Please remind me if you’ve noticed this and is affecting my work!
|Height-adjustable Desk||Flexispot Electric Height Adjustable Standing Desk|
|Ergonomic Chair||Leap Chair|
|Headphones||HyperX Cloud Alpha headset|
|External Monitor||Dell U3818DW|
|Dual Monitor Arm||North Bayou F160|
|Mouse||Logitech MX Master 3|
|USB C Hub||Ugreen 10 in 1 USB C Hub|