- Tip on how to find stuff.
Literature Repositories & Databases
- Library of University Antwerp & Antwerp Management School
- Meta Search Engines
- Citation Database
- Papers & Articles are encoded in DOI - Digital Object Identifier
- Master Thesis Databases
- Getting documents - Open Access Database
- Specialized Databases - Legal
- Specialized Databases - (Software) Engineering
- How to Search and Find Literature
- Reference Administration
- Reference Standards
- Referencing in LaTeX
- Grammar & Plagiarism
Tip on how to find stuff.
- Use the meta search engines to find articles & papers. The more citations a paper has the better it is.
- use Crossref to create an reference index of the papers found
- use the reference tools, plugins and tips below to create an reference index
- Download paper to read it
- use Crossref to find the DOI code to download the paper
- use Open Access Database to download the paper
- use Researchgate to download the paper
- When there are not enough papers
- use the master thesis search engines to find relevant papers
- use the references of the papers found to find relevant papers
- use a domain specific database to find articles and papers
- In order of great for inspiration not so great for research
- Online Articles / Long reads
Literature Repositories & Databases
Library of University Antwerp & Antwerp Management School
- University of Antwerp Library VPN website connection
- BrightSpace and Access to VPN University Antwerp and Antwerp Business School
- Help page how to access library from outside campus AMS
Meta Search Engines
- DBLP - great meta search engine for papers (authors)
- Google Scholar - great meta search engine for papers (content)
- Microsoft Academic - great meta search engine for papers (content)
- University of Antwerp Library - great meta search engine for papers
- Citationsy - great meta search engine for papers (pdf)
- Semantic Scholar - great meta search engine for papers
Papers & Articles are encoded in DOI - Digital Object Identifier
- What is DOI (Wikipedia)
- How to find a DOI link of an article (Academic Answers Walden University)
- Search for an DOI link of an article (Crossref)
- Translate DOI link to an article (DOI)
Master Thesis Databases
- Diva - Sweden et al.
- Scripties Online - Netherlands et al.
- Open Access Theses and Dissertations - Global
- OpenThesis - USA et al.
Getting documents - Open Access Database
- Citationsy - great meta search engine for papers
- OpenAccess DB - online database of papers
- DOI 2 OpenAccess chrome extention
- OpenAccess NL
- Unpaywall - addon to chrome to search for openAccess version of DOI-link
Specialized Databases - Legal
- World’s Largest Image-Based Legal Research Database
- HeinOnline is a premier online database containing more than 165 million pages and 200,000 titles of historical and government documents in a fully searchable, image-based format
- Large legal database
- also a large data collection database (all kinds of sources, also newspapers etc)
Specialized Databases - (Software) Engineering
- IEEE Explorer 1.IEEE Xplore is a research database for discovery and access to journal articles, conference proceedings, technical standards, and related materials on computer science, electrical engineering and electronics, and allied fields
- The ACM is an umbrella organization for academic and scholarly interests in computer science. Its motto is "Advancing Computing as a Science & Profession". 1 .The ACM Digital Library is the full-text collection of all articles published by the ACM in its articles, magazines and conference proceedings. The Guide is a bibliography in computing with over one million entries. The ACM Digital Library contains a comprehensive archive starting in the 1950s of the organization's journals, magazines, newsletters and conference proceedings.
BYU Library - Information Systems: IS Theories & Foundations
- Information systems (IS) are formal, sociotechnical, organizational systems designed to collect, process, store, and distribute information. In a sociotechnical perspective, information systems are composed by four components: task, people, structure (or roles), and technology
- Information systems is an academic study of systems with a specific reference to information and the complementary networks of hardware and software that people and organizations use to collect, filter, process, create and also distribute data.
- The World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology or WASET is a publisher of a number of open access journals on a wide variety of scientific and technical subjects.
How to Search and Find Literature
- How I use Excel to manage my Literature Review
- Map (tree) of citations/references
- Organizing Your Literature: Spreadsheet Style
- Wikipedia: Referencing for beginners
- How to extract all reference data from a Wikipedia page?
- The NTNU University Library on Using and citing sources
- University College London References, citations and avoiding plagiarism - AND - examples of citation
- AU Royal Danish Library including reference output examples
- Victoria University Melbours Australia - Referencing and Plagiarism: Secondary sources
Reference Administration - Citation Tooling
- Zotero - Recommended
- Citavi, Vitavi Wikipedia
- Cite me chrome extention - Recommended
- Reflinks - deprecated? - Reflinks is a tool that automatically or semi-automatically adds information to references using data present in the web page. It can process bare URLs (where the only information is a web address) or plain links (where the reference is a link and a title). Using Reflinks can save you time when writing your own articles as you can concentrate on writing and then fill in all the references once you are done.
- reFill - reFill (formerly Reflinks) is a tool that expands bare references semi-automatically, hosted on Tool Labs. It adds information (page title, work/website, author and publication date, if metadata is included) to bare references, and does additional fixes as well (e.g. combining duplicated references). The tool is written in PHP and licensed under Simplified BSD License. The tool is an open-source replacement of Dispenser's Reflinks. The source code is available on GitHub.
APA (APA Style, APA Format) is the standard to be used by the Antwerp Management School.
"APA Style is a writing style and format for academic documents such as scholarly journal articles and books. It is commonly used for citing sources within the field of behavioral and social sciences.""
- APA Reference style version 7
- Columbia College (CA) - APA Citation Guide (7th edition)
- NL - University Hasselt - Taal-en-letteren-APA-richtlijnen-voor-de-referentielijst - 2010.pdf
- NL - Surf - surf_de-apa-richtlijnen-uitgelegd_versie-november-2018.pdf
- NL - Hogeschool Artevelde - Refereren volgens APA
- online Tool - Convert books/paper/url to APA
- 7 APA Citation Tools for Creating References
- APA Format: 12 Basic Rules
- EasyBib: Refrence - APA - How to cite
Referencing in LaTeX
See also Latex page for available latex resources and templates.
- on-citing-books-as-references-in-papers with latex
- Wikibooks BibTeX provides for the storage of all references in an external, flat-file database.
- BibTeX is reference management software for formatting lists of references. The BibTeX tool is typically used together with the LaTeX document preparation system. Within the typesetting system, its name is styled as. The name is a portmanteau of the word bibliography and the name of the TeX typesetting software.
- University of Toronto using BibTeX: a short guide
- MIT - BibTeX Templates
- University of Toronti - using BiBTex: a short guide
- Overleaf - Bibliography management with BibTeX
- Help on BibTeX bib files by n Walsh
- Tex User Group - - great read on latex and Bibiolgraphy
- BibTex and APA
- How do I use APA-style citations with BibTeX? (duplicate)
- How to APA 6th in LaTeX?
- 2011 - APA references tutorial with bibTEX
- APA Style References in LaTeX
- 2018 - APA BibLATEX style Citation and References macros for BibLATEX
- online Tool - Convert Google Scholar BibTex to APA
- online Tool - Convert books/paper/url to Citiation Standard including bibTEX
- BibTex Reference collections
Grammar & Plagiarism
- Grammarly - Grammar & Plagiarism check - chrome, word plugin available
- LanguageTool 2019 - Grammar check - chrome, word, google docs, libreoffice plugins available
- EasyBib - Conquer Grammar, Avoid Plagiarism