ATOM one SSM500 Firmware Updates
The ATOM one SSM500 has to operational modes:
- In Trigger mode it works as a stand-alone high speed camera with internal recording with up to 500 frames per second.
- In SSM mode it can be used in combination with an external recording device (e.g. EVS). It will output up to 240 frames per second which are distributed over four SDI outputs (with up to 60 frames per second per output).
Since release v1.2.80 the firmware of the ATOM one SSM500 contains both modes. You can switch between the modes using the "switch_mode" command. For more details please see the Reference Manual.
For update instructions please see chapter 4 "Firmware Update" in the Reference Manual linked below. The Reference Manual is also part of every firmware package.
The latest version is v1.2.106, it was released on 06.08.2021.
Important Instructions when updating from v0.x or v1.1 to v1.2 and above
Since v1.2.80 introduced the dual boot feature, changes to the recovery/update partition were necessary. Therefore a special update procedure is needed when upgrading a pre v1.2 camera. If your camera has version 1.1.64 or earlier installed, please follow these steps:
- Download the update package: ATOM one SSM500 v1.2 Upgrade
- Extract the content of the zip archive to a FAT32 formatted SD card.
- Insert the SD card into the SSM500 and turn it on.
- The update is performed automatically, the device shuts down after it is completed, the process takes a few minutes.
- Remove the SD card and turn on the device.
- The device is now updated to v1.2.91 and runs in Trigger mode, you can now perform an update to a higher firmware version or switch to SSM mode using the "switch_mode" command.
Note: If your camera already has v1.2.80 or later installed, just download and install the latest firmware version as described in the Reference Manual.
RS485 USB-Dongle Driver
If you have purchased the camera including the standard Dream Chip RS485 cable, you can download the driver for your operating system here:
Windows 64-Bit drivers are also part of the update package.
You can view the latest changelog here. It is also part of every firmware release.
The user manuals are part of every firmware release. If you want to download them separately use the following links:
- ATOM one SSM500 Operational Manual - The Operational Manual contains information on the specifications, setup and general usage of the camera.
- ATOM one SSM500 Reference Manual - The Reference Manual contains detailed information on the usage of the device. It contains a complete description of the API used to control all camera functions.
You can download the ProVideo GUI here. It supports the ATOM one SSM devices since version 1.2.0. Each release also contains a copy of the ProVideo GUI (in the version that was current when the release was created).
Caution: A downgrade from a 1.2.x version to a 1.1.x (or earlier) version is not possible! The files below are only listed for reference.