REST API, first iteration: profile timeline and highlights; programmatic access for DevRel KPIs
Problem to solve
Programmatic access to generate own highlight timelines, and analyse DevRel / Community metrics.
Add a REST API providing access to the same URL endpoints.
- Add rate limits before allowing public access (limit anonymous to 100 requests / 6 hours)
- Add API keys as auth tokens.
- Start with adding access to the timeline and posts and their details.
- Limited beta access for performance testing
- Consider building client SDKs and libraries to interact with the API.
Who will use this feature? If known, include any of the following: types of users (e.g. DevRel), personas, roles.
- Niclas, DevOps Engineer
- Fatima, Developer Evangelist
- John, DevRel Manager
User experience goal
What is the single user experience workflow this problem addresses?
Use the API to fetch profile timelines and generate own highlight lists, e.g. for DevRel reporting and KPIs.
Include use cases, benefits, goals, or any other details that will help understand the problem better.
- Custom data integration.
- DevRel KPIs
- User projects using the API. They add missing features, can be turned into adopting them upstream. Sort of feedback system, similar to how TweetDeck or Blackmagic.so are built for Twitter.
These are @dnsmichi's devices in a template to easier select them.
Macbook Pro, macOS Monterey
iPhone 11 Pro
- iOS 15.x
- iPad OS 15.x