Smooths the input map.
- Input - the default map to be processed by the generator.
- Mask - multiplies the generator intensity by the mask map’s value. For the mask pixels that have a value of 0 the generator effect is invisible, for the pixels that have a value of 1 the intensity is unchanged.
- Intensity: amount of blur applied per iteration.
- Iterations: number of blur iterations applied. Note that increasing the iterations count will reduce blur performance. The maximum reasonable amount of iterations is about 10, if you want more map smoothness use the Loss parameter.
- Loss: forces the generator to skip some of the input pixels. This will result in a bit more ‘pixelated’ look, but will give the map extra smoothness. A value of 1 means that no pixels will be skipped. The Loss parameter has virtually no effect on performance so it could be used to create extremely smooth maps. Use it together with high Intensity and Iterations counts to avoid noticeable pixelization.
Do not try to make your map extra-blurry by increasing Iterations value only. This will result in poor Blur performance. Use Loss value instead.
- Safe Borders: masks terrain borders so that the generator effect on the borders is zero, and increases with distance from the border. This parameter sets the amount (in pixels) until the effect’s full strength. When set to 0 border masking is off. This parameter is essential for better terrain welding, so always enable it if this generator outputs to height.
Note that turning Safe Borders off (setting it to 0) will result in seams between chunks.