Commit f9fd4644 authored by Crise's avatar Crise

missing meeting logs

parent 55e1d5e0
This diff is collapsed.
[2018-01-07 20:37] <Pretorian> <board notes begin>
[2018-01-07 20:37] <Pretorian> So, we need to elect board placements
[2018-01-07 20:37] <Pretorian> So, let's nominate some positions...
[2018-01-07 20:37] <Pretorian> For chairman, say the name of the person to nominate;
[2018-01-07 20:37] <Pretorian> Pretorian
[2018-01-07 20:37] <Crise> +1
[2018-01-07 20:37] <Pretorian> If you wish for Pretorian to be the chairman, write his name or yes or +1. If you do not, write -1 or no.
[2018-01-07 20:37] <Pretorian> +1
[2018-01-07 20:37] <cologic> +1
[2018-01-07 20:37] <Pretorian> Pretorian is elected the chairman
[2018-01-07 20:37] <Pretorian> For secretary, say the name of the person to nominate;
[2018-01-07 20:38] <Pretorian> (oops, should've maybe waited for you cologic for counting :P)
[2018-01-07 20:38] <cologic> 3 votes for Pretorian to be the chairman
[2018-01-07 20:38] <Pretorian> I nominate Crise for secretary.
[2018-01-07 20:38] <Pretorian> If you wish for Crise to be the secretary, write his name or yes or +1. If you do not, write -1 or no.
[2018-01-07 20:38] <Crise> +-1 :P
[2018-01-07 20:38] <Pretorian> +1
[2018-01-07 20:38] <Pretorian> hehe
[2018-01-07 20:38] <cologic> +1
[2018-01-07 20:39] <cologic> (Not sure if poy wants to vote here.)
[2018-01-07 20:39] <Pretorian> He can't.
[2018-01-07 20:39] <cologic> Ah, right.
[2018-01-07 20:39] <Pretorian> Just us three.
[2018-01-07 20:39] <cologic> 3 votes for Crise.
[2018-01-07 20:39] <Pretorian> Crise is elected the secretary
[2018-01-07 20:39] <Pretorian> For treasurer, say the name of the person to nominate;
[2018-01-07 20:39] <Pretorian> Pretorian
[2018-01-07 20:39] <Pretorian> If you wish for Pretorian to be the treasurer, write his name or yes or +1. If you do not, write -1 or no.
[2018-01-07 20:39] <Pretorian> +1
[2018-01-07 20:39] <Crise> +1
[2018-01-07 20:39] <cologic> +1
[2018-01-07 20:39] <cologic> 3 votes for Pretorian to be the treasurer.
[2018-01-07 20:39] <Pretorian> Pretorian is elected the treasurer.
[2018-01-07 20:40] <Pretorian> Any additional items for the board meeting?
[2018-01-07 20:40] <Pretorian> I have none.
[2018-01-07 20:40] <cologic> I have none.
[2018-01-07 20:40] <Crise> none
[2018-01-07 20:40] <Pretorian> All right. That concludes the board meeting.
[2018-01-07 20:41] <Pretorian> <start>
[2018-01-07 20:41] <Pretorian> Welcome to DCNF monthly meeting, it is 2018-01-07.
[2018-01-07 20:41] <Pretorian> For simplicity sake, I will be the chairman and Crise has agreed to act as secretary.
[2018-01-07 20:41] <Pretorian> What we do need is a head count, so just state your names.
[2018-01-07 20:41] <Pretorian> Pretorian
[2018-01-07 20:41] <poy> poy
[2018-01-07 20:41] <Crise> Crise
[2018-01-07 20:41] <cologic> cologic
[2018-01-07 20:41] <Pretorian> Alright
[2018-01-07 20:41] <Pretorian> There's a few items from the last meeting;
[2018-01-07 20:41] <Pretorian> 1) Fix Markdown file issues / Update DCNF web pages for affiliated projects (Pretorian, Crise)
2) Setting up new affiliate project for information on DC projects / Publishing of RSS feeds in various places (Twitter, website etc) (Crise, cologic, Pretorian)
3) Set up kallithea for code repository backup (poy)
4) Invite/encourage other projects to join DCNF! (all)
5) Transfer domain (Pretorian)
6) Registration of "verklig huvudman" (Pretorian)
7) Paperwork for taxes (Pretorian)
[2018-01-07 20:42] <Pretorian> Item 1) I have done this, partially at least, see <https://adc.dcbase.org/Protocol>
[2018-01-07 20:42] <Pretorian> Crise, you need to review this.
[2018-01-07 20:42] <Pretorian> There was a lot of manual work I had to do to reach this state.
[2018-01-07 20:42] <Crise> it looks good, the next question is the format such that you think maintaining the official spec in it is doable?
[2018-01-07 20:43] <Pretorian> It is fine, but there are some stuff that needs to be worked out, e.g. with width of the page itself.
[2018-01-07 20:43] <Pretorian> E.g. <https://adc.dcbase.org/Protocol#Message_syntax>
[2018-01-07 20:43] <Pretorian> The message_body description cuts off weirdly due to the page width.
[2018-01-07 20:44] <Pretorian> The maintenance is fine otherwise, it's not that much different from the old ASCIIDoc format.
[2018-01-07 20:44] <Crise> should be easy enough with some CSS
[2018-01-07 20:44] <Crise> at least if all the offending parts are in code blocks
[2018-01-07 20:44] <Crise> like here
[2018-01-07 20:44] <Pretorian> Also, there are weird listing stuff in <https://adc.dcbase.org/>
[2018-01-07 20:45] <Pretorian> (there is two different forms, as I wanted to experiement with the format of the listing)
[2018-01-07 20:45] <poy> looks very good, and I'm glad we have this in markdown format! are you going to do away with the asciidoc version currently at <http://adc.sourceforge.net/ADC.html>?
[2018-01-07 20:45] <Pretorian> yes, that is the intention.
[2018-01-07 20:46] <Pretorian> I did not want to continue migrating the Extensions page etc (and NMDC project) without getting at least some form of acceptance on the current Protocol page.
[2018-01-07 20:46] <Crise> re the front page, probably a whitespace issue will check
[2018-01-07 20:47] <Pretorian> I'll continue to migrate the pages now that I have confirmation that it's mostly fine.
[2018-01-07 20:47] <Pretorian> Any additional comment on it, otherwise let's continue?
[2018-01-07 20:48] <Crise> anything that was particularly difficult to do?
[2018-01-07 20:48] <Pretorian> Tables were screwed.
[2018-01-07 20:48] <Pretorian> The autogenerated form was shit.
[2018-01-07 20:48] <Pretorian> All headlines were off.
[2018-01-07 20:49] <Pretorian> Mostly the tables, as things that was multi-line ended up in multiple rows.
[2018-01-07 20:49] <Pretorian> Had to basically manually go through each and every table and row.
[2018-01-07 20:50] <Pretorian> See the bottom of the page, the examples are all weirdly spaced/separated.
[2018-01-07 20:50] <Pretorian> E.g. QUI example vs GET example.
[2018-01-07 20:50] <Crise> more or less expected as much, markdown table syntax is non-standard
[2018-01-07 20:51] <Crise> as in every parser has their own way of doing it sadly
[2018-01-07 20:51] <Pretorian> Not "difficult" though, mostly just work to be done. Took multiple hours.
[2018-01-07 20:51] <Pretorian> It seems also the website generates the page "one commit" late.
[2018-01-07 20:51] <Crise> that is weird
[2018-01-07 20:51] <Crise> good to know will look into it
[2018-01-07 20:51] <Pretorian> So commit id 2. Page generated shows commit id 1. Commit (id 3), page shows commit id 2.
[2018-01-07 20:52] <Pretorian> So sometimes i had to commit like a single whitespace to get a new generation.
[2018-01-07 20:52] <Crise> the repository should pull the changes on each commit
[2018-01-07 20:52] <Kcchouette> You can show how are used the donation with a donation page and the cost of server etc?
[2018-01-07 20:53] <Crise> re the suggestion, we do... as part of the annual meeting notes
[2018-01-07 20:53] <Pretorian> Kcchouette: Well, we do write it in the annual notes, but sure that'd be fine.
[2018-01-07 20:53] <Pretorian> I'll make that updated together with the update of the donations list.
[2018-01-07 20:54] <Pretorian> But let's continue with item 2.
[2018-01-07 20:54] <Pretorian> 2) Setting up new affiliate project for information on DC projects / Publishing of RSS feeds in various places (Twitter, website etc) (Crise, cologic, Pretorian)
[2018-01-07 20:54] <Pretorian> So I think we can do this after I've completed the other affiiliated projects.
[2018-01-07 20:54] <Pretorian> So hublist, adc and nmdc, then we can do this item.
[2018-01-07 20:54] <Pretorian> Would that work for people?
[2018-01-07 20:55] <cologic> Sounds reasonable.
[2018-01-07 20:55] <Crise> I agree
[2018-01-07 20:55] <Pretorian> But otherwise, publishing of the RSS (e.g. Twitter) should be doable regardless?
[2018-01-07 20:55] <cologic> I haven't checked how well the RSS script works since some months ago, but presumably it's not experienced too much attrition.
[2018-01-07 20:55] <Crise> btw. if there is something that could be improved in regards to how the site works at a base level, feel free to suggest stuff while you work on those
[2018-01-07 20:56] <Pretorian> I have not experienced any site issue, to be honest. It's primarily the commit issue that I've noticed.
[2018-01-07 20:56] <Pretorian> Let's move on.
[2018-01-07 20:56] <Pretorian> 3) Set up kallithea for code repository backup (poy)
[2018-01-07 20:56] <Pretorian> poy?
[2018-01-07 20:57] <poy> no progress there, keep it open for the next meeting please.
[2018-01-07 20:57] <Pretorian> All right.
[2018-01-07 20:57] <Pretorian> 4) Invite/encourage other projects to join DCNF! (all)
[2018-01-07 20:57] <Pretorian> Well, heh, guess we all have that on our todo! :)
[2018-01-07 20:57] <Pretorian> 5) Transfer domain (Pretorian)
[2018-01-07 20:57] <Pretorian> This is done.
[2018-01-07 20:57] <Crise> yes
[2018-01-07 20:57] <Pretorian> 6) Registration of "verklig huvudman" (Pretorian)
[2018-01-07 20:58] <Pretorian> This is done. I am now "verklig huvudman".
[2018-01-07 20:58] <Pretorian> Shouldn't change anything really.
[2018-01-07 20:58] <Pretorian> 7) Paperwork for taxes (Pretorian)
[2018-01-07 20:58] <Kcchouette> A good suggestion about the website is to list hub software/adc software which correctly implement ADC (and so to help others which software to use)
[2018-01-07 20:59] <Pretorian> So 1) I have received the tax notification for 2016, and they taxation service had no comment.
[2018-01-07 20:59] <Pretorian> And 2), I have looked into this some more, and it may be that we STILL need to file 1 page of the tax, just that we'd avoid filing the 2nd page.
[2018-01-07 20:59] <Pretorian> So I'm not sure this new filing would have no real use.
[2018-01-07 21:00] <Pretorian> I'll phone them and talk with a person regarding this though. We need to do it at least 1 month before 30th of June or something like that.
[2018-01-07 21:01] <Crise> I refer to you, do what is easiest to you... since none can really help you with the actual paper work, language barrier for one
[2018-01-07 21:01] <Pretorian> Yup, I know.
[2018-01-07 21:01] <Pretorian> All right, let's move on. Does anyone have any additional items?
[2018-01-07 21:02] <cologic> I have no additional items.
[2018-01-07 21:02] <Pretorian> I have nothing.
[2018-01-07 21:02] <Crise> not really , re Kcchouette's second suggestion: we don't want to maintain that stuff manually currently
[2018-01-07 21:02] <Crise> which is why it hasn't been done afaik
[2018-01-07 21:02] <Pretorian> Indeed.
[2018-01-07 21:03] <Crise> if each project maintained their own listing it would be fine
[2018-01-07 21:03] <Crise> which they can do through merge requests if they like... hint hint
[2018-01-07 21:04] <Pretorian> Kcchouette: can you reveiw the page on Wikiepdia, so it at least accurate? :)
[2018-01-07 21:04] <Crise> yeah how out of date that is I don't know
[2018-01-07 21:04] <Pretorian> All right, I think we're done for this meeting's items.
[2018-01-07 21:04] <Pretorian> If there's nothing further, that concludes this meeting. Thank you all.
[2018-01-07 21:04] <Pretorian> Next meeting notes:
[2018-01-07 21:05] <Pretorian> 1) Continue update DCNF web pages for affiliated projects (Pretorian, Crise)
2) Setting up new affiliate project for information on DC projects / Publishing of RSS feeds in various places (Twitter, website etc) (done after Pretorian is done with item 1) (Crise, cologic, Pretorian)
3) Set up kallithea for code repository backup (poy)
4) Invite/encourage other projects to join DCNF! (all)
This diff is collapsed.
Markdown is supported
0% or
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment