Support for per-key-slot comments?
Issue 42 by wilcoo... on 2009-12-21 00:01:10:
<b>What steps will reproduce the problem?</b>
- Create an encrypted file system with different passphrases for each
member of a small team, say around 6 people
- Have one member leave after 6 months
- Remember a bit later to revoke the key of the person who left
- How do you figure out which key was his?
- Have each member open and close the device with is passphrase and record
the slot number (which you should've done the first time)
- What if taking the particular volume off-line is non-trivial?
Having a comment field for each key slot would eliminate this particular
bit of management headache--then you could record who owns the key in which
slot (and it would at least be obvious at the time the keys were added that